Topic locked

Re: German Masters Last 128 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well this is a real downer I have to admit. I think with the UK final the snooker year should have ended, these qualifiers should be played in January.

Yeah absolutely and this has nothing to do with Ronnie, it's just that UK Final was brilliant and the snooker should have really ended on a high there. But it's the way it is and the other players won't care as long as they win their respective matches.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way did someone score a maximum or was that a false alarm?

Gary Wilson had one. <laugh> None of us apart from Skull really noticed it with all the Ronnie fuss about, but yeah that's 2 maximums in consecutive days.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well this is a real downer I have to admit. I think with the UK final the snooker year should have ended, these qualifiers should be played in January.

I don't know if he has even realized what he has done but even if he has, it's too late anyway. What I can say is that he has many German fans and it's an insolence towards his fans, his opponent, the ref and the game in general and especially himself. I remember how he said after his victory 2012 that the German Masters is the best tournament.
Last edited by TheRocket on 12 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way did someone score a maximum or was that a false alarm?

Gary Wilson had one. <laugh> None of us apart from Skull really noticed it with all the Ronnie fuss about, but yeah that's 2 maximums in consecutive days.

We might have the discussion "who gets the 147th maximum" sooner than I thought.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

I don't know if he has even realized what he has done but even if he has, it's too late anyway. What I can say is that he has a lot of German fans and it's an insolence towards his fans, his opponent, the ref and the game in general and especially himself. I remember how he said after his victory 2012 that the German Masters is the best tournament.

rofl Yeah the German fans are brilliant, a shame but I don't care really. With a performance and attitude like this towards the game he didn't deserve to be there.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:We might have the discussion "who gets the 147th maximum" sooner than I thought.

Won't have to worry about that until 2017 at least.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:

I don't know if he has even realized what he has done but even if he has, it's too late anyway. What I can say is that he has many German fans and it's an insolence towards his fans, his opponent, the ref and the game in general and especially himself. I remember how he said after his victory 2012 that the German Masters is the best tournament.

Spot on :-(

And I really thought we had these times behind us where we wouldn't know which Ronnie would turn up.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Well SO he knew he had to remind us of some of his old antics rofl

I really don't know what happened today. In his qualifier for the International Champs he played proper snooker, in fact he played proper snooker in every event since early 2011. Today felt like a relapse in the darkest hours of a Ronnie fan.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Well SO he knew he had to remind us of some of his old antics rofl

I really don't know what happened today. In his qualifier for the International Champs he played proper snooker, in fact he played proper snooker in every event since early 2011. Today felt like a relapse in the darkest hours of a Ronnie fan.

Jewel earlier made a good point, Ronnie wouldn't be Ronnie if every once in a while he didn't put up a performance like this, however I agree with you, he had a great chance of going to that wonderful venue and the german fans are always brilliant, and they love Ronnie.

But yeah, this performance today reminded me and all Ronnie fans of some of his old antics.

Anyway, that's history now and I honestly hope he comes fully fresh for the Masters, I'd love if he won that at least one last time.

Postby Andy Spark

Jewell wrote:Ronnie wouldn't be Ronnie without the occasional meltdown of this nature.

So instead of criticising him lets just embrace the man for what he is, a flawed genius.

No, it isn't a meltdown. A "meltdown" as the word implies, would only really occur at moments of heat, perceived high pressure in big tournaments. This is more a protest, an expression of annoyance with the system. I for one loved it, found it hilarious. Well done Ronnie. :D
Last edited by Andy Spark on 12 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Hilarious it was no doubt rofl

Although in the future he should choose other ways to protest against the system than by simply almost deliberately trying to lose a match.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andy Spark wrote:
Jewell wrote:Ronnie wouldn't be Ronnie without the occasional meltdown of this nature.

So instead of criticising him lets just embrace the man for what he is, a flawed genius.

No, it isn't a meltdown. A "meltdown" as the word implies would only really occur at moments of heat, perceived high pressure in big tournaments. This is more a protest, an expression of annoyance with the system. I for one loved it, found it hilarious. Well done Ronnie. :D

His attitude and his approach to the game was a disgrace today. If he wants to play like this he can enter the Shoot-Out. I'm snake hissed and annoyed by Ronnie right now, good thing there's a long snooker break coming up.

Postby TheRocket

I think it's a valid point that the Welsh Open is going to be his only ranker before the World. Can't see him entering the PTC'S in Thailand and the China Open.

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 PGC wrote:Hilarious it was no doubt rofl

Although in the future he should choose other ways to protest against the system than by simply almost deliberately trying to lose a match.

Well, he's tried many things before this, like not turning up, not signing the players contract. This, I think is a better way because we get to see him hit a few balls about. Disappointing for the German fans but the person they should blame is Barry Hearn. As John Virgo says, "can you imagine Alex Higgins producing his best in such circumstances", he called the current system "a nonsense". I agree with John.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The thing that annoys me the most is that Ronnie isn't giving himself enough chances to make the most of his quality and standard at this stage of his career. I don't know how many years he has left at the top so he has to make it count now. If he wants to get to 30 rankers (according to his prosnookerblog interview) before retiring, playing in 3 ranking events besides the Worlds is not sufficient.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andy Spark wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Hilarious it was no doubt rofl

Well, he's tried many things before this, like not turning up, not signing the players contract. This, I think is a better way because we get to see him hit a few balls about. Disappointing for the German fans but the person they should blame is Barry Hearn. As John Virgo says, "can you imagine Alex Higgins producing his best in such circumstances", he called the current system "a nonsense". I agree with John.

I don't even think he dislikes the flat draw. Also he always speaks very highly of Hearn. So I don't think he tried to "send a message" today.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The thing that annoys me the most is that Ronnie isn't giving himself enough chances to make the most of his quality and standard at this stage of his career. I don't know how many years he has left at the top so he has to make it count now. If he wants to get to 30 rankers (according to his prosnookerblog interview) before retiring, playing in 3 ranking events besides the Worlds is not sufficient.

Even after reading that brilliant interview I take some of the things he said with a pinch of salt. He may say that today, and the other day says he's fed up with the game and only has like 1 or 2 years left. One thing is for certain, he does need to make the most of it while he's still on top, because even though he doesn't have anything else to prove, a few more rankers never hurt anyone and he won't reach there I'm afraid with stupid performances like this one today, it was a disgrace indeed.

And prove a point rofl <doh> Hearn won't be fussed about what he did today, and personally if I was him I wouldn't too. He should just play and give 100%, if he then loses then fair play, he did all he had to do.

But a focused Ronnie today, no disrespect to Un-Nooh, would have won today's match 5-2 or 5-3.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:OK now enough with all that, I'm fed up with Ronnie and the snooker year is finished (or as good as).

To all of you here marry Christmas and a happy new year! See you next month.

Yeah agree, Ronnie :wave:

Have a very nice Christmas and New Year SO. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:OK now enough with all that, I'm fed up with Ronnie and the snooker year is finished (or as good as).

To all of you here marry Christmas and a happy new year! See you next month.

Have a nice christmas and a happy new year.

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
His attitude and his approach to the game was a disgrace today. If he wants to play like this he can enter the Shoot-Out. I'm snake hissed and annoyed by Ronnie right now, good thing there's a long snooker break coming up.

As a fellow Ronnie fan I have great sympathy, I found it funny but still I am disappointed with the result like you. However, playing for the Ronnie fans and feeding off their energy to produce your best is easy if you can see and hear them, tough if you can't. You didn't get much from Ronnie today, but then again he wasn't able to get anything much from the fans today either, he was struggling a little for whatever reason and because of the lack of atmosphere it felt a bit like nobody was there watching or caring.

The point that John Virgo made, which I agree with is Ronnie, along with every current World Champion deserves good conditions and an audience to play in front of. He has earned the right to feed off the fans and atmosphere in a room when he plays.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:The thing about bipolar disorder is that he will regret this shameful performance. Today he just didn't care whether he wins or loses but on other days he will be thinking: what have I done?

you cant blame bi polar disorder for everything.

that was not bi polar that was Ronnie putting out a statement to Barry Hearn and then Barry ignoring it.

If he was trying to make a point, why would he say in interviews that he's fine with the flat 128 draw?

not about Flat 128 more about having to play just after the UK just before christmas

Postby Wildey

Steve Davis 5-0 Dylan Mitchell
Neil Robertson 5-2 Ian Burns
Ricky Walden 3-5 Gary Wilson
Nigel Bond 1-5 Daniel Wells
Yu De Lu 3-5 Jamie O'Neill
Michael Holt 5-3 Lyu Haotian
Peter Ebdon 4-2 Duane Jones
Alan McManus 5-1 Jak Jones
Jack Lisowski 5-0 Khaled Belaid Abumdas
Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-5 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

As a fellow Ronnie fan I have great sympathy, I found it funny but still I am disappointed with the result like you. However, playing for the Ronnie fans and feeding off their energy to produce your best is easy if you can see and hear them, tough if you can't. You didn't get much from Ronnie today, but then again he wasn't able to get anything much from the fans today either, he was struggling a little for whatever reason and because of the lack of atmosphere it felt a bit like nobody was there watching or caring.

The point that John Virgo made, which I agree with is Ronnie, along with every current World Champion deserves good conditions and an audience to play in front of. He has earned the right to feed off the fans and atmosphere in a room when he plays.

Ronnie like all snooker players of the past put snooker in a situation where Beggars cant be choosers and on the point of Virgo he was one of the WPBSA Chairmen of the past that screwed this sport up.

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan's defeat is irrelevant. German snooker fans are going to bed happy tonight as they have Ebdon coming to the most Teutonic country.

:tree:
Last edited by vodkadiet on 13 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:O'sullivan's defeat is irrelevant. German snooker fans are going to bed happy tonight as they have Ebdon coming to the most Teutonic country.

:tree:

rofl