Topic locked

Re: German Masters Last 128 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 12th of December

7pm

Steve Davis 5-0 Dylan Mitchell
Neil Robertson 5-2 Ian Burns
Ricky Walden 3-5 Gary Wilson
Nigel Bond 1-5 Daniel Wells
Yu De Lu 3-5 Jamie O'Neill
Michael Holt 5-3 Lyu Haotian
Peter Ebdon 5-3 Duane Jones
Alan McManus 5-1 Jak Jones
Jack Lisowski 5-0 Khaled Belaid Abumdas
Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-5 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Postby Roland

Seen a compilation here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuGWsMFJQA8

It wasn't a protest at the system, that's bullocks. He obviously for whatever reason got out of bed today and decided he didn't want to go to Berlin. I bet he'll regret it come the actual event but he made his bed.

Can't believe that green in the clearance for 4-4!

And the break off hitting reds opposite side, I've played that loads of times, usually ends up safe so I don't know why it's not used more often to be honest.

Postby Wildey

Last 64 Draw

Allister Carter v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Jimmy White v Xiao Guodong
Ratchayothin Yotharuck v Jamie Burnett
Aditya Mehta v Joel Walker
Stuart Bingham v Peter Lines
Anthony Hamilton v Michael White
Ryan Day v Cao Xin Long
Li Hang v Barry Hawkins
Ding Junhui v Mike Dunn
David Morris v Mark Williams
Dominic Dale v Steve Davis
Gerard Greene v John Higgins
Mark Allen v Anthony McGill
Luca Brecel v Joe Perry
Tom Ford v Kurt Maflin
Jimmy Robertson v Mark Selby
Neil Robertson v Liu Chuang
Tian Pengfei v Andrew Higginson
Marcus Campbell v Rod Lawler
Paul S Davison v Marco Fu
Mark Davis v David Gilbert
Ben Woollaston v Graeme Dott
Liang Wenbo v Cao Yupeng
Mark Joyce v Stephen Maguire
Judd Trump v Noppon Saengkham
Dave Harold v Mark King
Matthew Stevens v Fergal O'Brien
Ken Doherty v Shaun Murphy
Gary Wilson v Daniel Wells . .
Jamie O'Neill v Michael Holt
Peter Ebdon v Alan McManus
Jack Lisowski v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Seen a compilation here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuGWsMFJQA8

It wasn't a protest at the system, that's bullocks. He obviously for whatever reason got out of bed today and decided he didn't want to go to Berlin. I bet he'll regret it come the actual event but he made his bed.

And the break off hitting reds opposite side, I've played that loads of times, usually ends up safe so I don't know why it's not used more often to be honest.

Whatever the reason it wasent bi bucking polar anyway

Postby Blavdes

Good to see the likes of Jimmy White and Steve Davis qualify :-)

Re. Ronnie, let's face it none of us know what this performance means for his future due to his rampant mood swings. My gut feeling is he now knows a process that gets him in to title winning form i.e. with the help of Dr.Peters Ronnie knows what makes himself tick (like we've seen most of this year) and with that knowledge comes power - he can now ignore the process (maybe that's what we saw tonight) comfortable in the thought that when he needs to turn it back on next year he'll be able to do it.

Whether any of that turns out to be true who knows, but I sincerely hope Ronnie was in control tonight as he's at the age where he can't really 'afford' to snake hiss about in any tournament really.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Seen a compilation here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuGWsMFJQA8

Yeah I also said the same, and even if it was hearn wouldnt give a donkey doo about it, and neither should he just because a player did almost everything to lose that match. And I agree, when the actual event is on and that amazing venue is on TV and if he somehow watches a bit of that he'll regret this stupid decision to come here with this attitude of total disrecpect towards the game and fans in general.

I don't care much to be honest, he had every right to lose that match, and I'm glad he did. Mind you, he almost won it even playing some outrageous exhibitions shots like those to level at 4 all.

Postby Roland

It would've been harsh on Un-Nooh if Ronnie had won. It must be hard to play when you know your opponent doesn't care if he loses. The first shot in the compilation where he launched at the reds said it all really.

Postby vodkadiet

In World Snooker's summary of the day's matches they headlined Steve Davis's match. The O'Sullivan loss was relegated to further down the page. I don't think they should have even mentioned it.

Postby SnookerFan

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Just saw that you tube vid. Not seen body language like that from Ron for a few years now. Sad to see and I hope it's just a wee brain fart.

Ronnie acts like a fart brain again. <laugh>

Postby Sickpotter

Sonny wrote:It would've been harsh on Un-Nooh if Ronnie had won. It must be hard to play when you know your opponent doesn't care if he loses. The first shot in the compilation where he launched at the reds said it all really.

That shot alone might get him a fine. :gag:

Some of the shots were very entertaining but his behaviour was very disrespectful to his opponent.

It's a fine line between don't care and don't have any respect for my opponents game. Which way did his opponent read it? I didn't see much of his opponents face so hard to say. :shrug:

Would he have done it if he was playing Williams, Selby, Higgins, etc? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

The point is if Ronnie decided to play badly on purpose to make a point, it hasn't worked. The only point he made is that he is a hammer.

Anyway, he's Ronnie. This is the sort of rubbish he does. It's hardly a surprise, he's been doing it his entire career.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:The point is if Ronnie decided to play badly on purpose to make a point, it hasn't worked. The only point he made is that he is a hammer.

Anyway, he's Ronnie. This is the sort of donkey doo he does. It's hardly a surprise, he's been doing it his entire career.

Yes it isn't, but as SO said earlier I too thought those performances were a thing from the past as he hadn't done any since probably 2011 when he had one of his worst seasons ever. It wasn't to prove a point, he just simply didn't care if he missed or not, and left Un-Nooh several times bang in with all the reds after he just smashed them.

Those shots though to win the 8th frame were out of this world, and he came near to win the match in fact, but I'm glad he didn't after such a disrespecful and shameful performance.

He will comeback again with a fresh head come the Masters in January I think, this qualifiers just before Christmas were just a little bit too much to ask for him <laugh>

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:The point is if Ronnie decided to play badly on purpose to make a point, it hasn't worked. The only point he made is that he is a hammer.

Anyway, he's Ronnie. This is the sort of rubbish he does. It's hardly a surprise, he's been doing it his entire career.

You are a fine one to call others "hammers", Dough Boy.

Mend your ways immediately and apologise to O'Sullivan.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Yes it isn't, but as SO said earlier I too thought those performances were a thing from the past as he hadn't done any since probably 2011 when he had one of his worst seasons ever. It wasn't to prove a point, he just simply didn't care if he missed or not, and left Un-Nooh several times bang in with all the reds after he just smashed them.

Those shots though to win the 8th frame were out of this world, and he came near to win the match in fact, but I'm glad he didn't after such a disrespecful and shameful performance.

He will comeback again with a fresh head come the Masters in January I think, this qualifiers just before Christmas were just a little bit too much to ask for him <laugh>

Aaaah. Bless him. rofl