Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters - The Final: Mark Selby v Ronnie O'Sulli

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Can't wait for this one, I'll be an almost neutral today slightly rooting for selby because if he won it would crush some of his more manic fans(no one here).

That said my head thinks it will be a ronnie win and my heart thinks the same :)

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:World Snooker presents

Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Mark Selby
PART III

THE EPIC SAGA WILL BE CONCLUDED TOMORROW NIGHT...

Well, they don't. Not really.

I know I'm being contrary, but that implies this is the third time they've faced. It isn't.

Postby SnookerFan

Lucky wrote:Fantastic day of sport tomorrow. Cricket, Snooker, Man U v Chelsea NFL championships........SKY...I love you :bowdown:

You just reminded me. I got the Lucian Bute fight Sky Plussed last night. I am going to have to fit that in before the snooker.

Postby Richproc

I think Ronnie is slight favourite to win because he will cope better with Selby's style of play these days. Also Selby will have to play better than he has recently as he only seems to play well for 3 - 4 frames and then he has to grind again. If this happens today Ronnie will be to far ahead and he won't be able to come back. Any way I am hoping it will be a classic but I am going for a Ronnie win 10 - 6 or 10 - 8.

Postby sundaygirl

I think it is possible that Ronnie could win comfortably either 10-5 or 10-4, but I hope it goes close then I think either could win. The only scenario I do not see is an easy Selby victory.
I really hope this one does live up to the hype.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Who said I was answering the question "currently, who best to clear up for your life?"

Me

and if we are talking of all time then Hendry whips Higgins bottom to oblivion.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Afternoon folks :-D

Very excited about this absolute cracking Final.

Not long to go now.

This is going to be a very special match I feel. Just like the UK final.

I reckon Selby will start well, Ronnie has to be extra careful in these first couple of frames. He doesn't want to mis hit a break off shot like Murphy did and sit out a frame right at the start.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Afternoon folks :-D

Very excited about this absolute cracking Final.

Not long to go now.

This is going to be a very special match I feel. Just like the UK final.

I reckon Selby will start well, Ronnie has to be extra careful in these first couple of frames. He doesn't want to mis hit a break off shot like Murphy did and sit out a frame right at the start.

Yeah and as I said yesterday there will some some if not many scrappy and cagey frames that he needs to win, because Selby is a master of those and Ronnie will have to make some 1 or 2 visits frame winning breaks to avoid the frames being prolonged for too long otherwise that's Selby's territory.

So many permutations about this, it's an absolute cracker. By far the best matchup we have in our game for some years.

Natural talent v Hard working play

Who will come out on top...

Hopefully Ronnie.