Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final: Neil Robertson v Stephen Maguir

Postby Skullman

Could be just be an off week. No one accused Ding of not being motivated when he lost to Smurph and he was just as poor for the most part. Odd though that we have so many poor performances at the Masters.

Happened last year as well, with most people playing quite tentatively with the exception of Robbo and possibly Allen last year.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Sometimes you play bad that's life Robbo has had an Amazing season Winning the UK and in Wuxi you cant keep that up every time you go out to play that doesn't mean he wasn't motivated because i believe Robbo is motivated to win every tournament he enters.

Absolutely Wild!.Robbo for some reason played drivvel tonight by his top standards and it,s certainly not due to the lack of hunger/motivation. :roll:

Postby GJ

Will be nice to enjoy stress free snooker st the weekend as robbo has been in so many finals in recent times.

3 crackers to come

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:Andre

True I think he just had an off tournie and it happens to all top players.

He will come back stronger and I hope this will increase his hunger for the next major the worlds.

I do hope he has a great Worlds, he's one of the few selected players who I think will end his career with multiple Worlds Titles, and in Robbo's case 2 or 3 or even 4, he deserves that with everything he brings to this game.

I think it's safe to say he'll win another world title but a total of 4? No way. Higgins won his last at the age of 35 and Robbo is now 31.

Postby GJ

Hendo fan

Don't generalise about the motivation thing SO made an observation , your making out alot of others said the same thing

Well done to your man though

Postby Skullman

Ronnie won his last at 38.

Plus I think Robbo's a bit of a late developer. Only won his first worlds at 28 and while most players seem to peak at his age, he seems to be getting better with age. Three definitely possible .

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:Andre

True I think he just had an off tournie and it happens to all top players.

He will come back stronger and I hope this will increase his hunger for the next major the worlds.

I do hope he has a great Worlds, he's one of the few selected players who I think will end his career with multiple Worlds Titles, and in Robbo's case 2 or 3 or even 4, he deserves that with everything he brings to this game.

I think it's safe to say he'll win another world title but a total of 4? No way. Higgins won his last at the age of 35 and Robbo is now 31.

Yeah I was getting a bit ahead of myself with 4, but 2 or 3 is definately possible.

Postby Andre147

Robbo on Twitter:

"I know what I did wrong and I'll never make the same mistake again. Simple as that"

That's the way to see things, identify what you did wrong and correct the mistakes in the future. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:What did he wrong? :chin:

I'm interested to know.

Well if he said that he sure knows what he did wrong.

EDIT: That was meant to be a joke right? Shame on me :shrug:
Last edited by Andre147 on 18 Jan 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:Will be nice to enjoy stress free snooker st the weekend as robbo has been in so many finals in recent times.

3 crackers to come

In some way I envy you. Watching that UK final was fantastic watching Selby and Robbo battling it out.

This time you can relax while this whole site will go bucking crazy watching Ronnie and Selby having the most dramatic, nerve racking final imaginable.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Ronnie won his last at 38.

Plus I think Robbo's a bit of a late developer. Only won his first worlds at 28 and while most players seem to peak at his age, he seems to be getting better with age. Three definitely possible .

Ronnie is a freak of nature. If Higgins, Ebdon, Davis, Hendry, Williams can't win it past 35, so won't Robertson.

Postby Andre147

According to Robbo this is what went wrong:

" It was a really lacklustre performance, and that is the last time I drive myself to a match more than an hour away. I just seemed to lack concentration.

“It was similar to Mark Allen, no adrenaline, and no buzz, I didn’t feel under any pressure and it was an empty performance. The first frame was very long, the worst we have ever played.”

Postby Andre147

Whereas Mags dedicates this win to his mum <laugh>

"I was close to pulling out on Thursday, I have tonsillitis and if it wasn’t for my mum getting the anti-biotics down here I had told her I couldn’t play.

“So that win is for my mum for what she did, I couldn’t even speak yesterday but I feel a lot better now and I am on the medicine for a week now."

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:According to Robbo this is what went wrong:

" It was a really lacklustre performance, and that is the last time I drive myself to a match more than an hour away. I just seemed to lack concentration.

“It was similar to Mark Allen, no adrenaline, and no buzz, I didn’t feel under any pressure and it was an empty performance. The first frame was very long, the worst we have ever played.”

I'm sorry, but like Hendry Fan said, this is second biggest tournament of the season. If you don't get a buzz here, why are you a snooker player? And what has driving got to do with it?

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Whereas Mags dedicates this win to his mum <laugh>

"I was close to pulling out on Thursday, I have tonsillitis and if it wasn’t for my mum getting the anti-biotics down here I had told her I couldn’t play.

“So that win is for my mum for what she did, I couldn’t even speak yesterday but I feel a lot better now and I am on the medicine for a week now."

I demand a drug test :grrr:

Postby Andre147

Robbo has this tendency of arriving almost on top of the hour the match is supposed to start, it has been a little bit better in recent years, but every now and again he does it again.

That's why all the pros say the most likely player to arrive late for a match is Robbo.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Whereas Mags dedicates this win to his mum <laugh>

I demand a drug test :grrr:

And then he gets disqualified from the tourney rofl Ronnie actually was at the Irish Masters 1998 he won against Doherty, testing positive for cannabis. :hyper:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:According to Robbo this is what went wrong:

I'm sorry, but like Hendry Fan said, this is second biggest tournament of the season. If you don't get a buzz here, why are you a snooker player? And what has driving got to do with it?

During the 2013 World Championship hardly anyone got a buzz and that is the biggest.