Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final: Ricky Walden v Ronnie O'Sulliva

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Pure class from ronnie

A shame idiots like taylor do their best to get people to dislike ronnie with their waffle

Couldn't agree more, drivel talk as I said.

Though no one can argue that was perfect snooker from Ronnie, the best by far we've seen so far at this year's Masters.

Postby GJ

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:Pure class from ronnie

A shame idiots like taylor do their best to get people to dislike ronnie with their waffle

Couldn't agree more, drivel talk as I said.

Though no one can argue that was perfect snooker from Ronnie, the best by far we've seen so far at this year's Masters.

perfection <cool>

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:How can you not enjoy this? This is snooker at the highest level.

Is there anyone who would like to play like Selby instead of playing like Ronnie?

Genius at work.

I doubt there's any player than wouldn't like to be able to that. I'd still rather see something dramatic like last evening's match than Ronnie's performance today.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:How can you not enjoy this? This is snooker at the highest level.

Is there anyone who would like to play like Selby instead of playing like Ronnie?

Genius at work.

I doubt there's any player than wouldn't like to be able to that. I'd still rather see something dramatic like last evening's match than Ronnie's performance today.

Both are equally good to watch for diferent reasons.

Of course I wouldn't want snooker to be like this all the time, but also wouldn't it to be scrappy affairs all the time.

It's a balance between both types of play that makes snooker so so exciting to watch. <ok>

Postby Andre147

How he swerved around that red in frame 4 and made a wonderful ton from it of 133 I'll never know :hatoff:

Ricky will be hoping to avod a whitewash, though if Ronnie continues like this it's inevitable.

Postby Sickpotter

Skullman wrote:

Genius at work.

I agree on both counts, we'd all love to have ROS talent.

As much as I like seeing flawless snooker without both players giving and getting it's almost like watching a practice session. For a match to be entertaining there needs to be some kind of drama.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Probably 2011 Worlds when he smashed Hendry in the last 16. Probably the best I've seen him play.

That match was wonderful from him.

He even won a frame needing 5 snookers after being well in front. Hendry's expression was priceless.

His 2009 Worlds quarter match, although he lost, was too some of the best snooker I've watched Selby play.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie often produces some of his best performances here at the Masters. Today is another example.

That was one of the very best 4 frames ever from Ronnie.

I'm not saying as a Ronnie fan, anyone can see that was the meaning of perfect snooker.

Postby Blavdes

Skullman wrote:I doubt there's any player than wouldn't like to be able to that. I'd still rather see something dramatic like last evening's match than Ronnie's performance today.

If I had the choice before a match to see a 6-5 grinding tense match which turned out to become very exciting, or perfect snooker played I'd choose to watch perfect snooker every time.

There's a lot of 6-5 thrillers, as we've seen in this tournament already, but perfect snooker is a rare phenomenon not to be taken for granted.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Needs 115 or so to beat the record, right?

Don't know the exact number, but if you say so statman Skull I believe you.

It's more than 494, which was Higgins against ROS in that Grand Prix final, but I know Ding beat it, but not sure by how much. Less than 500 though.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Needs 115 or so to beat the record, right?

Don't know the exact number, but if you say so statman Skull I believe you.

It's more than 494, which was Higgins against ROS in that Grand Prix final, but I know Ding beat it, but not sure by how much. Less than 500 though.

Yeah it was Ding who has the record.

5 nil. :hatoff: