Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final: Ricky Walden v Ronnie O'Sulliva

Postby Blavdes

If they're on air till 6 they should just replay this match 3 times, clearly it's the talk of the country, viewing figures would be great.

Anyway what can you say genius, perfection, that was just an absolute pleasure to watch thanks Ronnie :bowdown: 6-0.

Postby Andre147

New points without reply record, one of the very best displays from Ronnie ever :hatoff: :D

But as Skull rightly said tomorrow is a diferent day, diferent opponent so no garantees he'll play like this. Well, it'll be very hard to top this anyway. :hatoff:

The Selby/Ronnie dream final just one match away, though Murphy and either Mags or Robbo will have other ideas.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:New points without reply record, one of the very best displays from Ronnie ever :hatoff: :D

But as Skull rightly said tomorrow is a diferent day, diferent opponent so no garantees he'll play like this. Well, it'll be very hard to top this anyway. :hatoff:

The Selby/Ronnie dream final just one match away, though Murphy and either Mags or Robbo will have other ideas.

Can't see Mags getting to the final. He struggles against Ronnie at the best of times, so even Ronnie plays half as well, he should get through.

Postby Andre147

Playing like this as I said I can only see Selby being able to stop Ronnie, I know Robbo is well capable too but Selby is way more likely, plus when Ronnie plays him and gets an advantage he lets Selby off the hook and often loses from good winning positions.

Anyway, what matters today is this wonderful performance from Ronnie. :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Playing like this as I said I can only see Selby being able to stop Ronnie, I know Robbo is well capable too but Selby is way more likely, plus when Ronnie plays him and gets an advantage he lets Selby off the hook and often loses from good winning positions.

Ronnie won't play this well against Selby. He has some sort of mental block that prevents him hitting top form against him.

Postby Andre147

545 unanswered points :hatoff:

And yeah like SO said even Ronnie sometimes takes his foot off the pedal when well in front, and after the interval I somehow had the strange feeling Ricky would threaten a mini-comeback, but no, Ronnie kept it going :D

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Playing like this as I said I can only see Selby being able to stop Ronnie, I know Robbo is well capable too but Selby is way more likely, plus when Ronnie plays him and gets an advantage he lets Selby off the hook and often loses from good winning positions.

Ronnie won't play this well against Selby. He has some sort of mental block that prevents him hitting top form against him.

Hitting top form when in front, because he usually starts well against him. it's in the latter part of their matches that he often takes his foot off the gas and lets Selby make his famous comebacks against him.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:545 unanswered points :hatoff:

And yeah like SO said even Ronnie sometimes takes his foot off the pedal when well in front, and after the interval I somehow had the strange feeling Ricky would threaten a mini-comeback, but no, Ronnie kept it going :D

I have it as 556.