Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Quarter Final: Mark Selby v John Higgins

Postby GJ

A prime example is mark allen

He made it clear in an interview he has no interest in losing weight or improving his fitness.

No conincidence in the big events his snooker has dropped off alot in recent seasons.

Postby Holden Chinaski

GJ wrote:A prime example is mark allen

He made it clear in an interview he has no interest in losing weight or improving his fitness.

No conincidence in the big events his snooker has dropped off alot in recent seasons.

Actually, in the interview Allen said thd reason why he's not winning much is probably the fitness thing. So he knows the problem.

Postby GJ

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Actually, in the interview Allen said thd reason why he's not winning much is probably the fitness thing. So he knows the problem.

but he said he would practice more and didnt intend on losing weight though :shrug:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Blavdes wrote:I guess many reasons go into why someone can perform at their peak way longer than most others but with Ronnie I think many people underestimate his mental strength. Of course he's had more meltdowns than anyone else but he's also had to overcome more than anyone else and still continues to come roaring back.

I still think, it's the natural talent + better fitness. He is born to play Snooker. He can make 80+ breaks in a couple of minutes and it doesn't take any effort. That's make it a lot easier for you, when you're not at your peak anymore. Higgins has to work harder.

I also think that his superb touch in amongst the balls is helping him the most. He just doesn't have to work so hard for his breaks, his game isn't that mechanical or mentally draining.

Postby Holden Chinaski

GJ wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

but he said he would practice more and didnt intend on losing weight though :shrug:

I dont remember him saying that. Might have missed it. But I do remember him saying fitness is probably the reason.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That was a superb clearance!

Like his good old days huh :hatoff:

Maybe Higgins will prove all us wrong and win the match <laugh>

Though i still think if things go really close he'll crumble under pressure, unlike in the past.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:That was a superb clearance!

Like his good old days huh :hatoff:

Maybe Higgins will prove all us wrong and win the match <laugh>

Though i still think if things go really close he'll crumble under pressure, unlike in the past.

No matter how this match ends now, Selby vs Higgins matches are always something special