Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Barry Hawkins v Ricky Walden

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Since when has Mags been less dangerous than Hawkins?

Anyway, Robbo, purely so Selby can get revenge for the UK.

Selby always struggles against Hawkins, that's why.

UK last month?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Since when has Mags been less dangerous than Hawkins?

Anyway, Robbo, purely so Selby can get revenge for the UK.

Selby always struggles against Hawkins, that's why.

UK last month?

Yeah, you're right. Selby blew Hawkins off the table on that encounter. It's not like he scrapped through in a deciding frame and was giving away free balls after potting match ball and so on :roll:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Yeah, you're right. Selby blew Hawkins off the table on that encounter. It's not like he scrapped through in a deciding frame and was giving away free balls after potting match ball and so on :roll:

Glad you agree. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, I have a question for you.

Let's assume Ronnie makes the final. If you could choose his opponent would you pick Selby or would you choose an easier opponent like Murphy?

Sory not to have asnwered you right away.

Like Skull, I would really like Ronnie to play Selby in a 3rd Masters final so that he could exact his revenge after that horrendus 2010 loss :shrug: pmsl

Of course an easier opponent in theory always gives him more of a chance of winning the title, but that Masters final definately hurt Ronnie a lot, and so it did to me for that matter, so a revenge of that would be so sweat. if he lost though, fair play to Selby. Their matches are always excelent ones and you can't beat a little bit of needle in a match too. Plus imagine if Selby got a taste of his own medicine and Ronnie cameback to win.... wouldn't that be something huh..

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Who do we think will be tougher test for ronnie in next round

i think hawkins

Unless Walden played like that Shanghai Final, doubtful, Hawkins no doubt about that.

But has to keep the good scoring going though.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Let's assume Ronnie makes the final. If you could choose his opponent would you pick Selby or would you choose an easier opponent like Murphy?

Like Skull, I would really like Ronnie to play Selby in a 3rd Masters final so that he could exact his revenge after that horrendus 2010 loss :shrug: pmsl

Of course an easier opponent in theory always gives him more of a chance of winning the title, but that Masters final definately hurt Ronnie a lot, and so it did to me for that matter, so a revenge of that would be so sweat. if he lost though, fair play to Selby. Their matches are always excelent ones and you can't beat a little bit of needle in a match too. Plus imagine if Selby got a taste of his own medicine and Ronnie cameback to win.... wouldn't that be something huh..

I know what you mean. It would be a good time to put these demons finally to rest. However another defeat would be absolutely devastating. That match would be as important as a World final for Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:5-3.

Best standard match of the tournament so far.

Definately, hopefully a decider would be the icing on the cake :-D

Mavis cameback from 5-2 down only to lose the decider so.. anything possible.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

I know what you mean. It would be a good time to put these demons finally to rest. However another defeat would be absolutely devastating. That match would be as important as a World final for Ronnie.

depends on which manner he lost. If he lost to YET another comeback from Selby then it would be pretty devastating I agree, however if Selby won with a few frames to spare playing great then fair play to him and the better player won, simple as that.

Still a long way to go though before any of them makes the Final.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Interesting fact: Neither Hawkins nor Walden have ever won a match at the Masters in their career.

Technically Ricky has because he won a wildcard match against Mark King in 2009.

Postby Skullman

My turn for an interesting fact: Whoever has beaten Walden in the Masters has gone on to win at least another match in the event. Whoever has beaten Hawkins at the Masters ends up losing their next match.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Interesting fact: Neither Hawkins nor Walden have ever won a match at the Masters in their career.

Technically Ricky has because he won a wildcard match against Mark King in 2009.

Good thing they got rid of these wildcard and qualification matches. The Masters is supposed to be only for the best of best and no one else.

Postby Skullman

masterdoctorgenius wrote:lol hawkeye is genius

shows the shot, flick the yellow and snooker walden behind the green
simple game

Surprised he's never won the Worlds. Another case of a player having lots of talent and no bottle.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Good thing they got rid of these wildcard and qualification matches. The Masters is supposed to be only for the best of best and no one else.

He had just won the Shaghai Masters winning seven matches, including against Robbo, Selby and ROS. If that doesn't count you among the best, what does?