Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Robert Mil

Postby TheRocket

Hello, everybody. Now, as we have MSI I wanted to make a comment about that match. Ronnie played ok, Milkins rubbish. Ronnie surely got to his head. And whenever Milkins makes a mistake, Ronnie punished him and this hurts Milkins.

The fourth frame was the only frame really where Ronnie really played his game, which he has done over the last 20 years. Killing off frames in a couple of minutes with his superior breakbuilding ability. Next to Hendry the greatest breakbuilder of all time.

And even currently easily in the Top 3 in the breakbuilding department, despite his age of 38.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Was a player ever whitewashed by the same player in 2 tournaments in succession?

Must have happened I'm sure, don't ask me the player though. <laugh>

Can't think of it off the top of my head. More likely to have happened in the qualifying school at Blackpool in the 1990s when you played pretty much best of 9s on a continual basis. That said, with 500 players involved the chances of drawing the same player two tourneys running was a rareity

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Phil Yates avoiding mentioning Stephen Lee after talking about silky, Rolls-Royce cue actions <laugh> :spot on:

Yeah noticed that too. rofl

Lee doesn't deserve to be mentioned anymore though. <ok>

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Phil Yates avoiding mentioning Stephen Lee after talking about silky, Rolls-Royce cue actions <laugh> :spot on:

is it really phil yates?

the other one is dave hendon

Phillip Studd I think.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

is it really phil yates?

Hendon isn't commentating right now.

it isn't Yates though as I said above.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

is it really phil yates?

Hendon isn't commentating right now.

it isn't Yates though as I said above.

Thanks, you're right

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Great match so gripping from start to finish

:hatoff:

Wonder what you would say if it was Robbo thrashing Milkins.

Ronnie did what he had to do, played good snooker, ok Milkins could have won a couple more frames but Ronnie punished him for his mistajes and that's all a player can do.