Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Robert Mil

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:6-1. Can't think of many easier matches Ronnie had at the Masters in all these years

He had one against Joe Perry, in 2003, 6-1 result too.

But yeah this one was easy enough.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:What do you know, Ronnie did finish him off before I came home. Pathetic from Milkins.

Milkins was just overrunned. Difference to John Higgins-Stuart Bingham match was that Ronnie is punishing mistakes like that in a much shorter time and more heavily than John, killing frames off in a couple of minutes. You can't blame him for that. It's annoying for the objective viewer but Ronnie just did what he had to do.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:What do you know, Ronnie did finish him off before I came home. Pathetic from Milkins.

Milkins was just overrunned. Difference to John Higgins-Stuart Bingham match was that Ronnie is punishing mistakes like that in a much shorter time and more heavily than John, killing frames off in a couple of minutes. You can't blame him for that. It's annoying for the objective viewer but Ronnie just did what he had to do.

Exactly, Bingo in his match didn't play that much better than Milkins today, but yeah as you said Ronnie is just flying out there.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Was ROS given a plethora of chances or did he have to work to get in?

Rob did miss a few yeah, but in frame 2 for instance he had a free ball and had to work hard to make that 80 odd clearance. It wasn't vintage Ronnie, but he played good snooker, punishing Milkins for his mistakes.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Obviously Walden and especially Hawkins will be much tougher test for Ronnie. He needs to improve because I think he'll have to beat Robertson and/or Selby to win the title.

Yeah one of those 2 I think it's certain. He will up his game when he has to I think.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Hawkins will be. Ricky could be, but he is probably the most inconsistent player of the top 16. When's he good he can beat Ronnie in a final. When he's bad, some bloke in the audience could beat him.

A bit like Fu in that regard, very inconsistent in his good and bad game.

The 2008 Shanghai Masters final seems a distant memory.

Hawkins on the other hand could make things tough for him, they have often had close matches.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:What was Ding's?

I'm glad you asked. That's the most mundane one in there. <laugh>

In The Masters programme, it gives you a Fascinating Fact for each player in the tournament.

Here is Ding Junhui's.

Ding is a huge fan of Mr. Bean, the TV and film comedy starring Rowan Atkinson.

:D

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:What was Ding's?

I'm glad you asked. That's the most mundane one in there. <laugh>

In The Masters programme, it gives you a Fascinating Fact for each player in the tournament.

Here is Ding Junhui's.

Ding is a huge fan of Mr. Bean, the TV and film comedy starring Rowan Atkinson.

:D

You mean he's not a robot?? :0

Postby snooker_loopy

Did you know if Ronnie O'Sullivan doesn't win this year's WC and remains outside the top 16 he won't appear at next year's Masters or future ones. I wonder if that puts any extra pressure on him to try and win another world title?

In theory this could be the last time we ever see O'Sullivan at the Masters.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

snooker_loopy wrote:Did you know if Ronnie O'Sullivan doesn't win this year's WC and remains outside the top 16 he won't appear at next year's Masters or future ones. I wonder if that puts any extra pressure on him to try and win another world title?

With the money ranking being introduced next season, Ronnie is very likely to remain in the top 16 for many years to come.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
snooker_loopy wrote:Did you know if Ronnie O'Sullivan doesn't win this year's WC and remains outside the top 16 he won't appear at next year's Masters or future ones. I wonder if that puts any extra pressure on him to try and win another world title?

With the money ranking being introduced next season, Ronnie is very likely to remain in the top 16 for many years to come.

He's currently 4th on the money list and he'll certainly be in the Top 10 or 8 when the season finishes, so yeah with the money rankings he's virtually garanteed to remain there for at least 2 or 3 years.