Mark Selby (1) vs Mark Davis (15)
Stuart Bingham (8) vs John Higgins (13)

Judd Trump (5) vs Marco Fu (10)
Ding Junhui (4) vs Shaun Murphy (9)
--------------------------------------
Neil Robertson (3) vs Mark Allen (11)
Stephen Maguire (6) vs Joe Perry (16)

Barry Hawkins (7) vs Ricky Walden (12)
Ronnie O'Sullivan (2) vs Robert Milkins (14)
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 08 Dec 2013, edited 7 times in total.

Re: Masters Draw

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So what you're saying is, we don't know the draw properly yet? :?

Yes :wave:

But it's better than nothing, isn't it?

no confusion is not better

just wait the tournament is a long way off.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So what you're saying is, we don't know the draw properly yet? :?

Yes :wave:

But it's better than nothing, isn't it?

no confusion is not better

just wait the tournament is a long way off.

Sorry if I confused you mate

When the UK is finished we'll have all the seeds assigned to their places and I will update my post accordingly, ok?

Postby Skullman

Are you sure that it it's 1 v 8, 2 v 7 etc?

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Are you sure that it it's 1 v 8, 2 v 7 etc?

Yes, in the quarter finals.

Huh. Never noticed that, but a quick Wiki check shows it to be true. Must be because the 9-16 seeds are assigned randomly.

Postby Skullman

Bingo v Selby again?

Also, see a rematch of the World Final possible and the 2011 World semi.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Bingo v Selby again?

Also, see a rematch of the World Final possible and the 2011 World semi.

Very tasty line ups only Robbo - Maguire doesn't look that enticing. But obviously not all the seeded players will come through, in 2011 I think 7 of 8 seeds lost.

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:Any idea when the order of play will be released?

It'll be up on the World Snooker website some time in the middle of February. rofl
Last edited by SnookerFan on 08 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Enjoyed watching the draw, hope that's a permanent feature.

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:Nice starter for Ronnie to warm up with.

It's a shame that Hendry isn't in this tournament. He was The Master Of The Masters. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

I've only just noticed that the Barry Hawkins vs Ricky Walden match is a rematch of The Crucible semi-final from last year. Either that or I had noticed and forgotten.

I remember quite looking forward to that match at the time, as people didn't expect those two to be semi-finalists at the tournament start. And I enjoyed that after the match, we saw Walden come to Hawkins dressing room and congratulate him. That seemed heart-felt and nice.

When you consider the other semi-final had such annoyances as Ronnie pretending to masturbate his cue and whinging that he didn't want to be there, a big group of idiots in the crowd and Judd Trump still being in the tournament, then Barry Hawkins vs Ricky Walden was an unexpected delight.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:I've only just noticed that the Barry Hawkins vs Ricky Walden match is a rematch of The Crucible semi-final from last year. Either that or I had noticed and forgotten.

I remember quite looking forward to that match at the time, as people didn't expect those two to be semi-finalists at the tournament start. And I enjoyed that after the match, we saw Walden come to Hawkins dressing room and congratulate him. That seemed heart-felt and nice.

When you consider the other semi-final had such annoyances as Ronnie pretending to masturbate his cue and whinging that he didn't want to be there, a big group of idiots in the crowd and Judd Trump still being in the tournament, then Barry Hawkins vs Ricky Walden was an unexpected delight.

Looking forward to this match amongst a few of the others - I remember being at the Crucible for the Saturday morning session and its one of the few times I've seen a match and then tried to get tickets for the evening session which thankfully I did.