Post a reply

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Final Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
You can't diss somebody who has played well below his best, and has got through to the final. Bear in mind all players have had to enter at the same stage, so he'd have to win more matches to reach the final than he normally would by playing 'badly'. That's the sign of a great player.

Absolutely.

the sheer effort and will to win when your not playing at your best is more rewarding when you win a event even reach a final than if you was knocking in centuries for fun.

You weren't so happy about Higgins's winning spree while not playing particularly well a couple of years ago though.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
You can't diss somebody who has played well below his best, and has got through to the final. Bear in mind all players have had to enter at the same stage, so he'd have to win more matches to reach the final than he normally would by playing 'badly'. That's the sign of a great player.

Absolutely.

the sheer effort and will to win when your not playing at your best is more rewarding when you win a event even reach a final than if you was knocking in centuries for fun.

You weren't so happy about Higgins's winning spree while not playing particularly well a couple of years ago though.

Yeah I remember that, but even so fair play to Selby for reaching this Final and a chance to defend his title that hasnt been done since Hendry in 1996 with his B or even C game at times. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Matt from PSB could not describe this rivarly much better:

"Has Robertson got the upper hand in their head to head matches? Similar to Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic in tennis, I suspect that this growing rivalry is going to be one which will see a number of swings in momentum and that if one player embarks upon a winning run, it will spur the other on to hit back."

Fully agree with him, there will be times like Robbo who has won their previous 3 meetings that it apears he has got the upper hand but Selby will want to put that right and balance things again.

And no bigger stage than this, apart from Worlds obviously.

:hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is a completely different Mark Selby. 10-9 either way.

yeah the Selby that won the Masters 2010 for instance.

Wonderful start, Neil will respond in fashion I think.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Seems odd to me that the sessions of this final start at 2 then again at 7.

Definately better than the evening session starting at 8 like it used to <doh>

2-1 to Selby, Robbo could do with winning this frame.

Postby Wildey

simplysnooker wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Seems odd to me that the sessions of this final start at 2 then again at 7.

why is that odd?

Have a day off

im getting sick of you any more goading and you will be having a day off and i promise you that