Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Surely Mags can't pull this back? He's giving it a go.

He is, but Robbo doesnt want this to continue for much longer, I expect him to win 6-2 or 6-3.

He might not have a say in it. rofl

You're right though. You'd expect him to win his sixth frame sooner or later.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Robbo's been too solid at the end. Huge chance now to win the title.

I wouln't write Bingham off to win against Robbo, if he plays like he did against Ronnie today has every chance of doing so.

But over a Best of 17 you would expect Robbo to push on and I doubt he'll lose his semi tomorrow.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

What impressed me most about Bingham today was his mental toughness. After Ronnie fought back hard and was starting to control the match, he pulled out some very good clearances. Just like against Selby in the CoC, he didn't seem to be too impressed by what happened in their last meetings. And that's a real sign of a world class player.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 05 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

Well done Stuart, kept his head well.

I still think sprint matches involve a lot of luck and am annoyed at the frame slashing in this event, however, I do put my money where my mouth is and if the bookies want to continue pricing these type of matches with only a small allowance for the sprint format then they can be my guest. ;-)

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What impressed me most about Bingham today was his mental toughness. After Ronnie fought back hard and was starting to control the match, he pulled out some very good clearances. Just like against Selby in the CoC, he didn't seem to be too impressed by what happened in their last meetings. And that's a real sign of a world class player.

It's all about determination , isn't it? Bingo overran several positional shots in the last frame but he still potted them. He has indeed proven today that he became a real topguy in the last 2-3 years.

Postby GJ

Andy Spark wrote:Well done Stuart, kept his head well.

I still think sprint matches involve a lot of luck and am annoyed at the frame slashing in this event, however, I do put my money where my mouth is and if the bookies want to continue pricing these type of matches with only a small allowance for the sprint format then they can be my guest. ;-)

Foulds was spot on in robbo match he said would ronnie be so fresh at last 2 worlds if he played a full season like the real WN1

foulds said no

neal :hatoff:

Postby Andy Spark

GJ wrote:Hard luck ronnie just out played on the day , happens to all players.

Over a single session yes, but try beating Ronnie over three sessions! Very different odds or should be. He has not lost a multi-session match since the World Championship in 2011. Ronnie would still be odds on to win this match at 4-6 down if it had been best of 25. The format more than anything is the reason he has won the last two world titles but didn't win this.

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:A pity. Ronnie didn't get going until after the interval.

Not many players left that I would want to watch now.

Good , we wont have to read your drivel on here then

:D :D :D

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:
GJ wrote:Hard luck ronnie just out played on the day , happens to all players.

Over a single session yes, but try beating Ronnie over three sessions! Very different odds or should be. He has not lost a multi-session match since the World Championship in 2011. Ronnie would still be odds on to win this match at 4-6 down if it had been best of 25. The format more than anything is the reason he has won the last two world titles but didn't win this.

Maybe that's the real reason that they shortened the matches in the UKs a few years back. Hearn hates Ronnie. :chin:

Postby Andre147

I would like Robbo to win it, he definately deserves the hat trick of the Big 3 titles in our sport, and he's the only player in this tourney that has played well in all matches, so I think he'll win it.

Maybe Selby could be the one to stop him.

Postby Dannyboy

The line up for the Masters has been (unofficially) confirmed...

Mark Selby (Reigning Champ)
Ronnie O'Sullivan (World Champion)
Neil Robertson
Ding Junhui
Stephen Maguire
Judd Trump
Barry Hawkins
Stuart Bingham
Shaun Murphy
Marco Fu
Mark Allen
John Higgins
Ricky Walden
Robert Milkins
Mark Davis
Joe Perry

Not necessarily in that order.

Graeme Dott in 16th - will there be a wildcard round?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:I would like Robbo to win it, he definately deserves the hat trick of the Big 3 titles in our sport, and he's the only player in this tourney that has played well in all matches, so I think he'll win it.

I don't think it's that straightforward. Allen, Bingham and Hawkins at their best can also beat Robertson, I would think. But I agree, he's the favourite and Selby would probably have the best chance of beating him in the final.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:I would like Robbo to win it, he definately deserves the hat trick of the Big 3 titles in our sport, and he's the only player in this tourney that has played well in all matches, so I think he'll win it.

I don't think it's that straightforward. Allen, Bingham and Hawkins at their best can also beat Robertson, I would think. But I agree, he's the favourite and Selby would probably have the best chance of beating him in the final.

Yeah it isn't and if Bingo plays like he did today against Ronnie has every chance, the big IF though is that it's a best of 17, and that will suit Robbo if he starts badly.

Selby v Robbo final would be very tasty. Either that or a grudge match between Bingo and Allen. :-D

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:The Beeb ending their transmission after 2nd frame between Selby and Hawkins was about to finish. rofl :wave:

Eurosport <ok>

BBC = Big bullocks Cretins

Mark Allen 1-0 Ricky Walden
Mark Selby 1-0 Barry Hawkins

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:Yeah it isn't and if Bingo plays like he did today against Ronnie has every chance, the big IF though is that it's a best of 17, and that will suit Robbo if he starts badly.

Selby v Robbo final would be very tasty. Either that or a grudge match between Bingo and Allen. :-D

<laugh>

Imagine that.