Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Very disappointed, most of the damage was done before the interval.

I'm not, ok a little bit just because it's Ronnie, but I expected this since 3-1 to be honest.

Ronnie didn't play bad, but Bingo was just superior in all departments.

Well done Bingo :hatoff:

Happy Birthday Ronnie.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Very disappointed, most of the damage was done before the interval.

I agree. But I liked the way how Ronnie fought back at the end. How he made these two brillant breaks. That reminded me of the way he'd been playing at the WC this year. We can look forward to the Masters.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie fought hard to come back at Bingham, unfortunately that cannon didn't work out being in the break around the black.

Had he got that it would be 5 all for sure and then he would be favourite.

Nevermind that, Bingo fully deserved his win.

Hope Robbo now comes through his, he will of course, no way Mags will comeback from 5-1 down.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:

I'm not, ok a little bit just because it's Ronnie, but I expected this since 3-1 to be honest.

Ronnie didn't play bad, but Bingo was just superior in all departments.

Well done Bingo :hatoff:

Happy Birthday Ronnie.

Yeah I was a lot more disappointed after he lost that decider against Trump in his last defeat here in the UK. He won the Champion of Champions against Bingo, now Stuart got the better of him. Just the way the game is.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ronnie prefers the longer matches. I think he would have turned this match around in a best of 17 or 25.

definately, like he did at the CoC.

nevermind, as TR said this are good signs from him ahead of the Masters, a tourney I would love if he won it again.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ronnie prefers the longer matches. I think he would have turned this match around in a best of 17 or 25.

nevermind, as TR said this are good signs from him ahead of the Masters, a tourney I would love if he won it again.

That would be great as well. After they changed the UK format 2 years ago, the Masters became the second biggest tournament in my book. But I would love to see Ronnie lift that UK trophy at least one more time before he retires.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

That would be great as well. After they changed the UK format 2 years ago, the Masters became the second biggest tournament in my book. But I would love to see Ronnie lift that UK trophy at least one more time before he retires.

Yeah 1 more Masters and UK would be lovely.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:Good win for Bingham! :hatoff:

It wasn't a match many expected him to win, so you've got to give him respect for beating Ronnie.

I said it 2 weeks ago already and I say it again. Bingham is one of the best players in world, currently top 5 at least. But he's still a bit underestimated I think this will change this weekend. I can see him winning this.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

It's a tournament he traditionally does well at.

Yes, it's always bringing the best out of him.

Postby Andre147

Mags reduces to 5-2. A long way to go still, don't think Robbo will let him win many more frames.

Robbo already on 55 tons this season after he made 1 here as well.

If he keeps it going and reaches the final Judd's record is in danger.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Good win for Bingham! :hatoff:

It wasn't a match many expected him to win, so you've got to give him respect for beating Ronnie.

I said it 2 weeks ago already and I say it again. Bingham is one of the best players in world, currently top 5 at least. But he's still a bit underestimated I think this will change this weekend. I can see him winning this.

Yeah me too, he can definately beat Robbo if he keeps playing like this.

Oh and Imagine him and Allen in the final...

Grudge match. :mosh2:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

It's a tournament he traditionally does well at.

Yes, it's always bringing the best out of him.

After 3 years not turning up or playing badly, I also expect great things from him there in January.

Postby TheRocket

Allen vs Bingham would be an interesting final. Maybe we'll witness a boxing match for free after the match. Only joking. In terms of tension and needle Allen vs Bingham would be indeed great but I can't see Bingham beating Robertson in a best of 17 match. Neil is my topfavourite for the title, he is too consistent atm.