Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Don't understand why Ronnie didn't go for the red here. However. Ronnie is very beatable today. Bingham knows that he probably won't get a better chance in the future to beat Ronnie.

Yeah agree TR. Definately needs the 1st frame after the MSI, 4-1 down and don't think Bingo will let this one escape, especially as it's a short format compared for instance to their CoC Final where Ronnie had more frames to make his comeback.

If it went 2 all there, Ronnie would win this match I'm almost sure, as it is the momentum is still with Bingo and Ronnie can't afford to miss balls like he did n that first frame.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:maguire being outclassed here

:hatoff: <ok>

As I said, he needeed a good start otherwise it would be too easy for Robbo, and it's proving to be.

If he doesnt get this last frame before MSI, it's all over for him.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm still very confident. Ronnie proved just 2 weeks ago against Ding, Robbo and Bingham that he has an extra gear if he's with his back against the wall.

But that extra gear may not always come when he most needs it. Altthough having said that I expect him to have it more frequently against the likes of Bingham as opposed to Selby for instance.

Needs the 1st one after the MSI.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm still very confident. Ronnie proved just 2 weeks ago against Ding, Robbo and Bingham that he has an extra gear if he's with his back against the wall.

But that extra gear may not always come when he most needs it. Altthough having said that I expect him to have it more frequently against the likes of Bingham as opposed to Selby for instance.

Needs the 1st one after the MSI.

If Bingham wants to win he has to do so with a margin. Because Ronnie will win this if it goes close.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Mags is beeing totally outplayed by Neil. Neil has probably been the most consistent player at this tournament. The guy wants to win the UK very badly.

Absolutely. Ding, Selby, Trump, Allen and Ronnie have had bad spells, Robbo didn't.

So should Ronnie get through today, we'll have his work cut out yet again.

Postby mantorok

Having heard the commentary on ITV4 recently I'm now officially sick of hearing Dennis Taylors voice, all he harps on about is how amazing Ronnies last shot was and how when he sees players in the lounge they are "relaxed".

Seriously, give me Neil Foulds and Hendry in the commentary box any day.