Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:With the amount of Ronnie fanboying on here, you think I support Selby too much?

rofl

You fanboyed in the last 15 minutes more than any Ronniefan has done with Ronnie today.

that's 15 minutes not a lifetime <ok>

For biased people like you and vodkadiet any positive word about Ronnie is fanboying. In fact, the O'Sullivan fans here, especially SO and Andre are the most objective and fair Users in this forum.

At least some people see things as they really are.

Us 3 when we have to say something negative about Ronnie, we say it, period. And we have indeed said a lot of bad things Ronnie does or say in here. However when a positive word is needeed we of course say it, as we do to any player really.

Postby Andy Spark

Well done for the comeback Mark. :D

I do respect Selby. The fact is I know a lot of people on the internet don't like him, but to achieve that much dislike without being particularly outspoken or gaining a single World Championship victory is a remarkable achievement! Very few could muster that much animosity in those circumstances. Congratulations Mark :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That free ball situtation was unbelievable. Had he potted the pink, every other ball was there for the taking. But it was just too difficult.

He in fact missed the pink entirely and the cue ball caught it on the way down. Had he potted that and cleared up it would certainly have been one of the most amazing steals in a frame I've watched in snooker.

Didn't happen unfortunately.

On a positive note, the dream Final between Robbo and Selby is now just one match away, and bearing in mind their respective opponents even more so.

No disrecpect to them obviously, of the 2 Bingo is clearly the one more capable of beating Robbo. Though as I have been saying the Best of 17 format will suit Neil if he has a bad start. For instance, had the Ronnie v Bingo match been Best of 17 I fancy Ronnie to take it like he did at the CoC. Long formats always suit the better players.

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:Well done for the comeback Mark. :D

I do respect Selby. The fact is I know a lot of people on the internet don't like him, but to achieve that much dislike without being particularly outspoken or gaining a single World Championship victory is a remarkable achievement! Very few could muster that much animosity in those circumstances. Congratulations Mark :hatoff:

Whatever you (general you not you specifically Andy) say about him, you can't criticise him for lack of nerve in these situations.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:That free ball situtation was unbelievable. Had he potted the pink, every other ball was there for the taking. But it was just too difficult.

He in fact missed the pink entirely and the cue ball caught it on the way down. Had he potted that and cleared up it would certainly have been one of the most amazing steals in a frame I've watched in snooker.

It was very awkward cueing with the blue hampering him, it was probably a 3 out of 10 shot under the circumstances at best. It would have been the most dramatic clearance since John Higgins cleared up against Trump in the World Final.

Postby TheRocket

Barry missing the red ball when he was at a score of 18 was the key point for me in this frame. He could have gained a very good lead in that frame and could have dominated it. But he crumpled under the pressure. I don't blame him , could happen to anyone. But the way, he's been pressurizing Selby at the end was brillant. I have never seen someone dominating Selby so much in the tactical game.

Unfortunately, he didn't take his chance. When he missed the freeball pink, I knew, this match is over.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:

Whatever you (general you not you specifically Andy) say about him, you can't criticise him for lack of nerve in these situations.

OK, maybe that was a bit acid, don't really like insulting people in a personal level. He kept his head well. Feel disappointed for the Hawk.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Barry missing the red ball when he was at a score of 18 was the key point for me in this frame. He could have gained a very good lead in that frame and could have dominated it. But he crumpled under the pressure. I don't blame him , could happen to anyone. But the way, he's been pressurizing Selby at the end was brillant. I have never seen someone dominating Selby so much in the tactical game.

Unfortunately, he didn't take his chance. When he missed the freeball pink, I knew, this match is over.

Yeah he matched him in every department. The only player I can think off who can beat him on the tactical side when hes at his best is obviously Higgins, and John has showed that when they meet in a ranker.

However Higgins is no longer nowhere near his peak form.

And yeah that missed red was the crucial point. Had he got it when he was 5-3 up I definately think he would have won 6-3 but Selby duly cameback like he knows best and hats off to him for doing it under big pressure.

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:
Skullman wrote:

OK, maybe that was a bit acid, don't really like insulting people in a personal level. He kept his head well. Feel disappointed for the Hawk.

It was a hell of a back handed compliment, but I'd say reasonable and not the least bit acidic.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 PGC wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Barry missing the red ball when he was at a score of 18 was the key point for me in this frame. He could have gained a very good lead in that frame and could have dominated it. But he crumpled under the pressure. I don't blame him , could happen to anyone. But the way, he's been pressurizing Selby at the end was brillant. I have never seen someone dominating Selby so much in the tactical game.

Yeah he matched him in every department. The only player I can think off who can beat him on the tactical side when hes at his best is obviously Higgins, and John has showed that when they meet in a ranker.

However Higgins is no longer nowhere near his peak form.

And yeah that missed red was the crucial point. Had he got it when he was 5-3 up I definately think he would have won 6-3 but Selby duly cameback like he knows best and hats off to him for doing it under big pressure.

I've actually meant the red in the decider when Hawkins got his chance after Selbys safety mistake. Hawkins had a great chance to gain a great lead in the decider. Missing this very easy red allowed Selby to gain a very good lead and to dominate the situation on the table. He reached the point where he was 43 ahead with only 43 left on the table.

But nevertheless, no doubt about the other very easy red, which Barry missed, when he was 4:2 up I think. Should have been 5:2, but didn't happen. Overall, Barry just missed to many key balls and failed to take advantage of the great chances. Selby's been just the better player under pressure.

Higgins and Ebdon are probably the only players who are mentally as strong as Selby.

Postby hendry_fan

Hi all,haven,t seen any snooker the last few days,been very busy.

Well done Mark,absolute crackin comeback,i read he was 3-1 down ,then 5-3 down but as he does very often,he pulls out a trademark Selbs comeback. :happy: