Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Muppet147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Milkins missed two easy balls when well in. Ronnie's clearance to win the second frame was awesome. He looks in great nick. Sorry to say, Milkins has no chance whatsoever.

Yeah unfortunately for him he isn't playing Robertson :john:

Yes, he would definitely have beaten Robbo.

But Ronnie tonight was unstoppable. No one in the world could have beaten him - especially the peroxide warrior.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:6-0 ROS.

Good job but consistency hasn't been his forte in recent times so we'll see how he fares against Bingo. He'll win of course, but be interesting to see if he can keep it up.

You don't have a lot of confidence in Bingham, have you? :D

Don't forget he send your favourite player home 2 weeks ago against all odds.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well we can't complain about Ronnie's performance today :-)

Yeah nothing much to say about that.

Just took his chances well, whereas Milkins after the 1st and 2nd frames that he should have won lost his head and wasn't present in the match anymore.

Will be an interesting match with Bingo, he himself said the only time he beat Ronnie was at the UK Champs and said that might be a good omen. Mind you, that season Ronnie had the worst of his career and his head was completly gone in all of the first round matches he lost. And before some of you start saying I'm using that as an excuse, in fact I'm right in saying that because after that season ended he had lost something like 4 or 5 first round matches in rankers.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Good job but consistency hasn't been his forte in recent times so we'll see how he fares against Bingo. He'll win of course, but be interesting to see if he can keep it up.

I don't have a lot of confidence when he plays Ronnie. He can give anyone else a game.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I don't have a lot of confidence when he plays Ronnie. He can give anyone else a game.

<doh> he did give Ronnie a game at the PTC this season and especially at the CoC, and Ronnie just won that, Bingo played well in both of those matches. You're acting like everytime he meets Ronnie the latter steamrrols past him, which isn't true.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What would be a bigger upset tonight: Milkins beating Ronnie or Perry beating Robbo?

Tough one. Both Perry and Milkins are decent players.

My head says Perry beating Robbo would be the bigger upset. My heart says there's absolutely no way Ronnie loses a match to Milkins.

I think there was a correct prediction in there somewhere, but I'd had a beer and even I aint sure what I was talking about. rofl

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What would be a bigger upset tonight: Milkins beating Ronnie or Perry beating Robbo?

Tough one. Both Perry and Milkins are decent players.

My head says Perry beating Robbo would be the bigger upset. My heart says there's absolutely no way Ronnie loses a match to Milkins.

I think there was a correct prediction in there somewhere, but I'd had a beer and even I aint sure what I was talking about. rofl

Knew you would rofl

Postby Andre147

Full attention on Robbo's match now. In fact even when Ronnie was on I was watching that one too and Perry has missed some curcial balls and Robbo took advantage of that.

3-1 to him, Robbo won't lose this now.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote: <doh> he did give Ronnie a game at the PTC this season and especially at the CoC, and Ronnie just won that, Bingo played well in both of those matches. You're acting like everytime he meets Ronnie the latter steamrrols past him, which isn't true.

Carter's had plenty of close games with Ronnie. I don't see people having confidence in him beating Ronnie. Why should I be any more confident in Bingo?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:This forum. rofl

This afternoon everyone was acting like Ronnie had no chance of winning, and he won 6-0 in little over an hour. Now everybody is acting like beating Bingham is routine. <laugh>

I know I aint, because as I said last 2 matches they had Ronnie could have easily lost against him, so for instance Skull saying Bingo can't give Ronnie a game is just donkey doo talk, of course he can, may not win, but Ronnie certainly won't have it easy I'm sure of that.

Postby TheRocket

This afternoon everyone was acting like Ronnie had no chance of winning, and he won 6-0 in little over an hour. Now everybody is acting like beating Bingham is routine. <laugh>

Well I don't think, there was even one person here acting like that. Many of us thought, it could be a tighter match but that's it.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote: <doh> he did give Ronnie a game at the PTC this season and especially at the CoC, and Ronnie just won that, Bingo played well in both of those matches. You're acting like everytime he meets Ronnie the latter steamrrols past him, which isn't true.

Carter's had plenty of close games with Ronnie. I don't see people having confidence in him beating Ronnie. Why should I be any more confident in Bingo?

You're right, but saying Bingo can't give Ronnie a game is just wrong. Carter too like you said can give him a good game but has always lost when things get close.

Tomorrow Ronnie will have to play well to beat Bingo,otherwise it'll be a repeat of that clash at the UK in 2010.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:

I know I aint, because as I said last 2 matches they had Ronnie could have easily lost against him, so for instance Skull saying Bingo can't give Ronnie a game is just donkey doo talk, of course he can, may not win, but Ronnie certainly won't have it easy I'm sure of that.

Okay I'll phrase it better. Bingo might have a close match with Ronnie but there's absolutely 0% chance of him winning.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

This afternoon everyone was acting like Ronnie had no chance of winning, and he won 6-0 in little over an hour. Now everybody is acting like beating Bingham is routine.

Okay I'll phrase it better. Bingo might have a close match with Ronnie but there's absolutely 0% chance of him winning.

That's better Skull <ok> rofl