Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

snooker loopy wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Skullman wrote:The York spectators are really stingy with their applause :irk:

It's almost as if the audience is comatose. Then again four boring players are playing right now so it's understandable.

How anyone can describe Murphy or Hawkin as boring is beyond me.

I feel the same about Higgins and Mags.

Postby TheRocket

I'm sry but this fourth frame has shown why Maguire is still not a World Champion. The guy is just too temperamental. Went for a silly shot into the middle where it was almost clear that he would have left it in the case of missing it. He belongs to the type of players who are still losing too many frames after beeing 40 or 50+ ahead in a frame.
Last edited by TheRocket on 03 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Higgins level at the MSI despite being clear second best.

I've seen him do it many times, but it still astounds me how he does it.

He has had a result here. John isn't cueing well and left Maguire a lot of chances so far. But his last meetings with Maguire showed that he won't get away with poor performances, so he'll have to play better if he wants to win this match.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm certain Selby fans want Murphy to win. Mark has a terrible record against Barry, hasn't he?

Well I want Shaun to win because I'm a Murphy fan. Anyway, I don't mind if Mark takes on Barry next because it'll make his eventual tournament victory even better knowing that he beat one of his bogey players on the way.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Nice century from mags for 4-2

I admire you for your calmness. I would be furious or very disappointed if Ronnie played like John tonight.

This is the first snooker I've watched in awhile so that's a treat in itself. Came to terms with Higgins form some time ago

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm certain Selby fans want Murphy to win. Mark has a terrible record against Barry, hasn't he?

Well I want Shaun to win because I'm a Murphy fan. Anyway, I don't mind if Mark takes on Barry next because it'll make his eventual tournament victory even better knowing that he beat one of his bogey players on the way.

You're very confident, aren't you? <laugh>

With all the top players still left, it's very difficult to predict to winner right now.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

You're very confident, aren't you? <laugh>

With all the top players still left, it's very difficult to predict to winner right now.

This is essentially the line up of the Masters, and we all know how well Mark does there.