Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Why is Ronnie's game less affected by age as most other players? Because he keeps himself fit by running almost everyday. He also still puts time in on the practice table. And besides working on his technique, he also works with Steve Peters on the mental aspect of the game.
He also is the most talented to ever pick up a cue.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:Hang on. Looking ahead to tomorrow.

Ding vs Walden is on in the morning. :shock:

That match really deserves to be televised. :grrr:

All of the matches at this stage deserve to be televised, but unfortunately the BBCs are hammers who can't be bothered to film morning sessions.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Hang on. Looking ahead to tomorrow.

Ding vs Walden is on in the morning. :shock:

That match really deserves to be televised. :grrr:

All of the matches at this stage deserve to be televised, but unfortunately the BBCs are hammers who can't be bothered to film morning sessions.

We only get to watch the match if it's still going at 1 p.m when the supposed afternoon ones, so we may still be able to watch the last frames. But I agree, morning sessions should be televised, doesn't have to be on BBC main channel, but at least on the red button or a stream or whatever.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
We only get to watch the match if it's still going at 1 p.m when the supposed afternoon ones, so we may still be able to watch the last frames. But I agree, morning sessions should be televised, doesn't have to be on BBC main channel, but at least on the red button or a stream or whatever.

In this day and age, how difficult is it to put a camera above a table and turn it on. It doesn't need to be HD, or even have close ups of the players sat down etc... Just as long as we can get an overhead views of them potting balls.

I've just tweeted Hearn saying that it's a joke that this match isn't televised.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I feel a bit sorry for Murphy but I'm glad Hawkins made it through. About time he has a good run in big tournament this season.

Both deserve a big run in a big tourney, this time it was Hawkins but I'm seeing good signs from Murphy's game so over the 2nd half of the season he may start play well again.

Postby Andre147

snooker loopy wrote:What's that piece of paper players sign on the way out?

I very rarely see Ronnie sign it as he always wants to be out of there as fast as he can when the match is over, win or lose. rofl I think the ref then has to go to his dressing room for him to sign it because unlike most of the other players as I said very rarely I watch him sign.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I feel a bit sorry for Murphy but I'm glad Hawkins made it through. About time he has a good run in big tournament this season.

Both deserve a big run in a big tourney, this time it was Hawkins but I'm seeing good signs from Murphy's game so over the 2nd half of the season he may start play well again.

I think it's good to have Hawkins progressing because Murphy so many times over the last couple of years just folded at the business end of tournaments. The UK final last year and his Masters final wasn't very interesting to watch. Now let's see what Barry can do.