Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Nice century from mags for 4-2

I admire you for your calmness. I would be furious or very disappointed if Ronnie played like John tonight.

This is the first snooker I've watched in awhile so that's a treat in itself. Came to terms with Higgins form some time ago

I'm not a fan of Higgins as you can might imagine, but I have to admit it's a shame to see Higgins and Williams not being able to perform for 1 or 2 seasons now.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 03 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Anyone think Higgins can comeback and win this match? He used to do that lots of times when he's playing his best, but at the moment even if he somehow levels at 4 all or even goes to a decider I fancy Mags because Higgins just can't kill it off like he used to time and time again in the past. The killer instinct is gone I'm afraid.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Anyone think Higgins can comeback and win this match? He used to do that lots of times when he's playing his best, but at the moment even if he somehow levels at 4 all or even goes to a decider I fancy Mags because Higgins just can't kill it off like he used to time and time again in the past. The killer instinct is gone I'm afraid.

No comeback from John tonight, I can guarantee you that. Especially after he missed that sitter of a pink.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The thing that worries me the most about Higgins's and Williams's decline in recent years is that Ronnie is the same age. It just reminds me that he won't be able to perform like he does now forever. And that thought scares me, I have to admit.

By all logic he shouldn't be able to play as well as he is now. His long potting is off, but it's been up and down for years.

Edit: That said his stamina seems to be a lot worse. I think he's already starting to feel a bit tired out from the few PTCs and events he's entered.
Last edited by Skullman on 03 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The thing that worries me the most about Higgins's and Williams's decline in recent years is that Ronnie is the same age. It just reminds me that he won't be able to perform like he does now forever. And that thought scares me, I have to admit.

Happens to the best of them but Ronnie seems to be defying nature right now.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The thing that worries me the most about Higgins's and Williams's decline in recent years is that Ronnie is the same age. It just reminds me that he won't be able to perform like he does now forever. That thought scares me, I have to admit.

Ronnie has the unique talent to make these 70+ breaks in a couple of minutes without any hard work. It's really his natural ability which still keeps him at this high level. But I'm worried too because I know that at the age of 38 his best times are coming to an end. Nevertheless I think that Ronnie still has another 2-3 years at the highest level though. He can win one more World title for sure.
Last edited by TheRocket on 03 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maguire is actually very good at splitting packs, isn't he?

His cannon play is very underrated. Personally I think only ROS, Ding and maybe Higgins at his best surpass him. Can't comment on Hendry.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

snooker loopy wrote:It happened to Hendry and Davis so if it can happen to them it will almost certainly happen to Ronnie. To be honest for me, the sooner the better.

Why sooner the better????

That guy will play the next five years for titles believe me.
The difference between him and Williams/Higgins is that he has more natural ability.

If you look at the last 3 WC, they were all above 35. I can see ronnie winning the world title in his 40s.
but above all, he is the best one to watch