Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What would be a bigger upset tonight: Milkins beating Ronnie or Perry beating Robbo?

Tough one. Both Perry and Milkins are decent players.

My head says Perry beating Robbo would be the bigger upset. My heart says there's absolutely no way Ronnie loses a match to Milkins.

What about your legs? rofl What do they say? And your arms for that matter. rofl

Postby Andre147

I think Ronnie will have to be very careful against Milkins. If he starts the match like he did against Duffy and Cambell he'll surely be 3-1 or even 4 nil down at the MSI, so definately needs a good start.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:He didn't choke. Allen got a ridiculous fluke. He missed the pot into the middle pocket by a mile and it went in the corner pocket. Unbelievable.

If Judd had done that, the commentators would be spunking themselves saying it was naughty.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:He didn't choke. Allen got a ridiculous fluke. He missed the pot into the middle pocket by a mile and it went in the corner pocket. Unbelievable.

If Judd had done that, the commentators would be spunking themselves saying it was naughty.

Please keep your disgusting imagery to yourself. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 PGC wrote:I think Ronnie will have to be very careful against Milkins. If he starts the match like he did against Duffy and Cambell he'll surely be 3-1 or even 4 nil down at the MSI, so definately needs a good start.

I agree. Milkins has proven that he is capable of beating a topguy. I'm sure he won't crack when the finishing line is coming closer.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
What about your legs? rofl What do they say? And your arms for that matter.

My legs tell you to snake hiss off. :grrr:

I know it wasn't particularly funny on my end. <doh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:I think Ronnie will have to be very careful against Milkins. If he starts the match like he did against Duffy and Cambell he'll surely be 3-1 or even 4 nil down at the MSI, so definately needs a good start.

4-0 behind? No way that will happen.

Ronnie is starting to enter the business end of this tournament now, I expect him to step it up tonight.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Ronnie is starting to enter the business end of this tournament now, I expect him to step it up tonight.

What I meant was if he starts like he did against his last 2 opponents, that could happen. I honestly don't think it will, BUT Ronnie needs a good start because Milkins is that type of player who can punish you, especially when he plays the top players he seems to thrive on the big occasion. But don't get me wrong I epxect Ronnie to win of course, but it won't be easy.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

You'd think so, but he'splaying progressively worse as this tournament goes on. Plus at the CoC it looked like he'd fizzled out in the final.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

You'd think so, but he'splaying progressively worse as this tournament goes on. Plus at the CoC it looked like he'd fizzled out in the final.

I wouldn't say he's getting worse. His performance after the mid session interval yesterday was his best so far, I would say.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I wouldn't say he's getting worse. His performance after the mid session interval yesterday was his best so far, I would say.

It was indeed his best by a long way, but as I said he isn't starting the matches well, so against opponents who can punish you more heavily that can be dangerous.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie will beat Milkins, I reckon.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2516518/Ronnie-OSullivans-rocket-bog-standard-UK-Championship-facilities-York.html

Have you already read that?

It's interesting because it's about the critique of this new system. Ronnie made me laugh btw. <laugh>

Who gives a buck where Ronnie got changed for his match? :zzz:

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2516518/Ronnie-OSullivans-rocket-bog-standard-UK-Championship-facilities-York.html

Have you already read that?

It's interesting because it's about the critique of this new system. Ronnie made me laugh btw. <laugh>

Who gives a buck where Ronnie got changed for his match? :zzz:

Hopeful snoopies?

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:
TheRocket wrote:However. Matches about to start. Will be a nice snooker evening.

Yep, two really nice matches.

This could be Ronnie's first real test at this event, however I expect him to win comfortably, 6-2 or 6-1.

I don't, something like 6-3 onwards for me.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Looks like Milkins is another one of those players who fall apart when facing Ronnie :roll:

Would say the same thing too when Milkins would have missed a ball like that against Selby? It seems that people are always searching for a reason to talk the victories of O'Sullivan down.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Looks like Milkins is another one of those players who fall apart when facing Ronnie :roll:

Would say the same thing too when Milkins would have missed a ball like that against Selby? It seems that people are always searching for a reason to talk the victories of O'Sullivan down.

Okay. I'll just say that Milkins is off his game and it might have nothing to do with Ronnie. I'll reserve judgement for when/if he misses pressure balls.