Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, which is more special. A Neil Robertson special or a Judd Trump special?

Robbo. Judd screws back into baulk like a coward <ok>

:D :D

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 3rd of December

NB 1pm

Mark Selby 6-0 Stuart Carrington
Fergal O'Brien 1-6 Ding Junhui
Neil Robertson 6-3 Li Hang
Marcus Campbell 2-6 Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:I never get why the BBC show old footage after their main match is finished rather than show live coverage of the other match.

Because they knew Robbo was on the verge of winning and they want to fill their time slot

Well they could show it after he's won if his win was so inevitable.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Anyway Robbo takes it, 6-3. Has Perry next.

Grand total of 14 top 16 seeds through to the last 16, despite the flat 128 system.

The experience of playing under pressure. That's the key. It's always the same. In the beginning they start well, keep playing good stuff but when the finish line is coming closer, they start choking.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Anyway Robbo takes it, 6-3. Has Perry next.

Grand total of 14 top 16 seeds through to the last 16, despite the flat 128 system.

The experience of playing under pressure. That's the key. It's always the same. In the beginning they start well, keep playing good stuff but when the finish line is coming closer, they start choking.

True, but still if you look at the other flat draws it was nothing like this. In Wuxi, all the semi finalists got through without playing a top 16 player because they all got knocked out early.

Postby Skullman

Obviously I wasn't watching snooker then, but I'd hazard a guess that Milkins is a better player now, and more importantly Ronnie isn't playing anywhere near as well.

Plus by all accounts, Milkins is far tougher mentally than he used to be.

I personally think Robert will get ahead early on and Ronnie will go up a gear and Milkins will fold like a cheap tent when Ronnie is coming back at him.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The last time Ronnie played Milkins in a ranking event was in the 2002 World Championship. O'Sullivan hammered him 13-2 there.

Should be a very interesting match this tomorrow.

I think, it could be a very entertaining match. Similar playing styles, both very fast and want to score as quick as possible.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Obviously I wasn't watching snooker then, but I'd hazard a guess that Milkins is a better player now, and more importantly Ronnie isn't playing anywhere near as well.

Plus by all accounts, Milkins is far tougher mentally than he used to be.

I personally think Robert will get ahead early on and Ronnie will go up a gear and Milkins will fold like a cheap tent when Ronnie is coming back at him.

Milkins is most certainly a much better player now. But Ronnie likes playing attacking players, he normally keeps them in check with his great safeties and scores heavily if he gets a chance. That's why he does so well against the likes of Murphy, Stevens, Maguire and even Ding.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Judd? pmsl

He plays Mark Allen, no way in hell that's not on TV.

Only if we were going by seedings. Of the five matches undetermined, N1 seed Selby, N2 seed ROS, N3 seed Robbo, N4 seed Ding and N5 seed is Judd.

But like I said, no way the BBC will do that so Ding'll probably get the shaft. Although WS seem to hate Dott so he could get stuck in the morning along with Selby...
Last edited by Skullman on 03 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robbo is really confident in his interviews, isn't he? Sometimes even borderline arrogant.

What did he say and where did you see it, looks like they're still showing old footage of his match on the BBC.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robbo is really confident in his interviews, isn't he? Sometimes even borderline arrogant.

What did he say?

Do you know these BBC interviews with players called "On the spot" where they ask players provocative questions?
He said for example that he wants to win another 3 or 4 World Titles.

Also in another interview where he should pick his perfect player for departments like breakbuilding, cue action and so on, he picked himself a little bit too often for my taste.

It's just one the few things I dislike about Robertson, sometimes he comes of a bit narcissistic.