Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Carter whitewashes Jimmy Robertson. No one in the other matches have got past three frames. Silly that there's six hours between the afternoon and evening sessions but only three and a half between morning and afternoon.

its Roll on Roll off until Thursday so if you have slow matches over 11 frames they wont be over before 1pm.

Carter just blits his opponent.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:You sure? Your order of play says not before 7pm for the evening session.

its not before 7pm however some matches might not be over before then so the Evening session going on later.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Would be a very interesting match up, especially as there's a Masters place up for grabs for the winner. I know Dott's aware of it. Although whoever wins that still needs to do better than Perry, Carter by one round and Dott by two or one if Joe is beaten in last 16 and Graeme makes the quarters.

That would be interesting indeed. But as Wild said the players shouldn't concentrate on that and put everything into their next match.

By the way the chances of Williams or Stevens qualifying for the Masters are getting slimmer every day.

Postby SnookerFan

Sorry, Wild. On a Tablet, ain't worked out how to quote.

When I say the tournament, I mean more the coverage. The reply is going to start halfway through matches. That is going to be quite annoying. I can just see the TV coverage making the tournament feel weak.

If hotels in York weren't so bloody expensive. This strikes me as a tournament to be there for live.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Sorry, Wild. On a Tablet, ain't worked out how to quote.

When I say the tournament, I mean more the coverage. The reply is going to start halfway through matches. That is going to be quite annoying. I can just see the TV coverage making the tournament feel weak.

If hotels in York weren't so bloody expensive. This strikes me as a tournament to be there for live.

yea the BBC is shafting the tournament but also players for criticizing the set up instead of the coverage the event is getting.

Yes the set up isnt perfect maybe the venue needs changing to acomadate so many players.

But i honest to god cant believe some of the Complaints from players

Flat 128
Top up Amateurs (its obvious They dont fancy winning so a few Walk Overs would help)

Having 128 players at a venue is a positive Move
Having Amateurs coming in to fill in spaces is a Positive Move

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wonder that the BBC will show until Ronnie starts playing, the tables are still occupied at the moment, aren't they?

Some features showing Ronnie and so on :john:

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wonder that the BBC will show until Ronnie starts playing, the tables are still occupied at the moment, aren't they?

Talking about Steve Davis in the Jungle or Show Ding on Table 2