Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:MJW goes 4-2 up on Rory. If he takes the next two in a dominant fashion he could finish before the next session starts.

I think they can finish before the next one starts, they can even afford a slower frame of say 20 minutes, almost 5-2 to Williams now.

Postby SnookerFan

I haven't decided which match to watch tonight.

I find Mark Allen to be one of the biggest pin ends on the circuit, almost to the point where he puts me off watching him. But Ding played so poorly yesterday, I'm not sure I can suffer through another Ding match so soon.

Maybe I'll let Eurosport decide which match to watch.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
I think they can finish before the next one starts, they can even afford a slower frame of say 20 minutes, almost 5-2 to Williams now.

Twenty minutes is a fast frame for Rory. It takes him ten minutes just to break off.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Looking at the 'highlights' from Judd's match. On this showing he'd get mullered by Xiao.

Judd didn't play that badly. Apart from when it ran scrappy in frame 5.

Or is Xiao playing well? Not seen any of Xiao yet, despite the excellent television coverage.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Twenty minutes is a fast frame for Rory. It takes him ten minutes just to break off.

The break off shot is a shot to be well thought through :gramp:

Postby Wildey

Rory McLeod 3-5 Mark Williams
Rod Lawler 1-6 John Higgins
Judd Trump 6-0 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Stuart Bingham 6-2 Jimmy White
Sports Hall
Andrew Higginson 4-6 Li Hang
Jamie Burnett 6-5 Chris Wakelin
Liu Chuang 5-6 Robert Milkins
Chris Norbury 0-6 Anthony McGill

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:And Rory pulls one back. 3-5

Williams has to win this one otherwise there won't be time left until the next session starts.

Do you think they will pull them off?

Maybe not as their match is on a non TV table, but you never know. If it was up to me I'd let them continue until they're finished because as I said it's not a TV table.

Postby snooker loopy

McManus and Holt played to a finish yesterday, that was the reason for White and Campbell finishing late, they'd had to wait for them to finish, to be fair to McManus and Holt they'd had to wait for Dott to finish.

And the let Hawkins and Zhang run into the next session. I think pull-offs are unlikely. Although they might drop the next match on first evening finisher if McLeod gets his way in the match.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 1st of December

NB 1pm

Rory McLeod 3-6 Mark Williams
Rod Lawler 1-6 John Higgins
Judd Trump 6-0 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Stuart Bingham 6-2 Jimmy White
Sports Hall
Andrew Higginson 4-6 Li Hang
Jamie Burnett 6-5 Chris Wakelin
Liu Chuang 5-6 Robert Milkins
Chris Norbury 0-6 Anthony McGill

NB 7pm

James Wattana v Ding Junhui TV
Mark Allen v Dave Harold TV
Joe Perry v Daniel Wells
John Astley v Stuart Carrington

Postby Snooker Overdrive

snooker loopy wrote:What was Wattana like in the first round?

Also I've just noticed Robbo and Ronnie's matches are afternoon and even, when will TV companies stop dictating match schedules?

Why should they stop dictating? The TV companies are the paying customers and they'll always show what most of their viewers want to watch.

Postby Andre147

snooker loopy wrote:What was Wattana like in the first round?

Also I've just noticed Robbo and Ronnie's matches are afternoon and even, when will TV companies stop dictating match schedules?

Ronnie is tomorrow at 7 p.m, not afternoon. Robbo don't exactly know, but Wild will tell you.