Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:A word about Mark Allen. I know mostly we talk about his controversies but what do you guys think about his achievements so far? Joe Johnson again mentioned that he has "buckets of talents" but still he only made 3 ranking finals so far and won just 2 ranking titles at the age of 27.

He should be winning more tournaments. Very talented player. Don't know whats holding him back.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Yeah Mark Allen looks ready to make a maxi after the msi

Everybody is trying to get the 100th maximum.

Nah even more important will be when someone is trying to get the 147th maximum :-D

Everyone would like that on their CV.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:A word about Mark Allen. I know mostly we talk about his controversies but what do you guys think about his achievements so far? Joe Johnson again mentioned that he has "buckets of talents" but still he only made 3 ranking finals so far and won just 2 ranking titles at the age of 27.

He achieved about right I think. He's good but there are enough players that are better than to stop him from winning events most of the time. It says a lot that we mostly talk about his controversies, because his play's not good enough for people to gloss over it, like ROS's is.

Mark Allen is one of the best single ball potters but I think sometimes if things don't go his way he loses a bit of focus and he looks disinterested. Also he isn't the most consistent player out there. But talent wise he is an underachiever I would say.

Postby SnookerFan

snooker loopy wrote:
Wildey wrote:All this 147 bullocks getting ridiculous now

The likelihood is it will happen at some point this tournament so we're allowed to get excited.

If somebody gets a 147, Wild will probably have a spack about it. <laugh>

I know what he means though, they do seem determined to get the 100th one.

Postby Wildey

snooker loopy wrote:
Wildey wrote:All this 147 bullocks getting ridiculous now

The likelihood is it will happen at some point this tournament so we're allowed to get excited.

yea its a exciting thing but its getting tedious the amount of attempts there have been in only 2 days of the tournament being on TV.