Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 128 Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

snooker loopy wrote:Will the BBC be providing coverage of the sports hall?

God. I hope not. Imagine Virgo or Willie trying to commentate on the like of Xiao Guodong, who they've probably never even heard of. And Dennis would either mix him up with Patsy Fagan or someone he plays golf with.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Travis does indeed win against Fu. That has got to be the biggest upset so far.

Wow. Didn't see that one coming.

He was in Ronnie O'Sullivan's quarter of the draw as well, meaning Ronnie's path to the semis looks pretty straight forward now.

Of course someone could surprise him, like Liang did in the IC.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Travis does indeed win against Fu. That has got to be the biggest upset so far.

He was in Ronnie O'Sullivan's quarter of the draw as well, meaning Ronnie's path to the semis looks pretty straight forward now.

Yes, someone like for example Michael White could cause an upset but I think he'll go far in this tournament. And now Bingham is the only remaining real top player left in this quarter besides him.

Postby Wildey

snooker loopy wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Question. Do we know if Perform will still be providing streaming from the Sports Hall after the BBC coverage starts?

no they wont

Will the BBC be providing coverage of the sports hall?

the only coverage the BBC Will be providing is Table 1 and Table 2

Currently playing on thoes tables now are John Higgins v Alex Borg and Stephen Maguire v Sanderson Lam

the Sports hall will only be used on Saturday and Sunday the Afternoon session after today.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yes, someone like for example Michael White could cause an upset but I think he'll go far in this tournament. And now Bingham is the only remaining real top player left in this quarter besides him.

Yeah White for me too is the biggest threat for him really, Milkins in the Last 16 could also have a say.

Still too early of course, but yeah Fu going out in the Last 128 I realy didn't expect that as he's been one of the players of the season and the year for that matter.

Postby Andre147

Luca up next in the streamed match against Dunn.

I would love if Luca had a good run in this, but I'm afraid even if he wins here he would have to play his absolute best to beat Mags in the next round as Mags won't lose his match.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Higgins going well so far almost 4 nil to him. Of course the way things are going recently he can very well be shocked in the next round by Rod the Plod. rofl

Skullman wrote:Higgins opens with a century. If he plays like he has been doing this season, it's probably best to stick a tenner on Rod now.

Copycat :john:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Higgins going well so far almost 4 nil to him. Of course the way things are going recently he can very well be shocked in the next round by Rod the Plod. rofl

Skullman wrote:Higgins opens with a century. If he plays like he has been doing this season, it's probably best to stick a tenner on Rod now.

Copycat :john:

Hadn't realised you actually said that, but I share the same oppinion Skull. <ok>

As for the max, I think he'll go for it if he's almost 100% sure he'll win the frame first, otherwise knowing Higgins he won't take any unnecessary risks.

Postby randam05

Some of these results are horrible.

Really hope the top players step it up and we finish with Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Higgins, Williams, Ding, Trump, Dott, Mags in the quarters.

I know some of you will be loving these shock results but its not for me Lol.

Postby Wildey

Friday 29th of November

9.30am

Ricky Walden 6-0 Xiao XinLong
Mark Davis 6-2 Robin Hull
Marco Fu 5-6 Mitchell Travis
Robert Milkins 6-3 Patrick Einsle
Sports Hall
Tian Pengfei 6-1 Pankaj Advani
Matthew Selt 4-6 Scott Donaldson
Rod Lawler 6-3 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Kurt Maflin 6-4 Liam Highfield

Postby Andre147

randam05 WC wrote:Some of these results are horrible.

Really hope the top players step it up and we finish with Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Higgins, Williams, Ding, Trump, Dott, Mags in the quarters.

I know some of you will be loving these shock results but its not for me Lol.

There haven't been that many shocks so far, apart from Fu really, the top boys have always come on top, so I think when we reach the latter stages all or at least most them will be there. I think a top player like those you mentioned will win the event, many doubts though for Williams and Higgins mostly.

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:
snooker loopy wrote:
Jewell wrote:Borg could win a frame here.

Unless Higgins collapses it's all a bit pointless though.

I could do with a 6-0 for predicts purposes. <ok>

And I actually said 6-1, but Higgins may very well spoil things now. :irk:

Postby Wildey

John Higgins 5-1 Alex Borg
Stephen Maguire 3-1 Sanderson Lam
Matthew Stevens 3-1 Ryan Clark
Joe Perry 3-1 James Cahill
Sports Hall
Alfie Burden 2-1 Daniel Wells
Mike Dunn 1-1 Luca Brecel
James Wattana 3-0 Ian Burns
Aditya Mehta 1-2 Robbie Williams

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Friday 29th of November

9.30am

Sports Hall

Another Scot,gets through,braw stuff Scott!. :happy:

Old fogey Rod beats a young gun TT. :roll:

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:

9.30am

Sports Hall

Another Scot,gets through,braw stuff Scott!.

Old fogey Rod beats a young gun TT.

And the way Haggins is going, old fogey Rod the Plod will beat him <ok> :wave:

Postby Andre147

Just read Mitchel Travis's reactions after beating Fu, and I'm now starting to think this format in the long term will definately benefit players like him.

"I haven't got words for that yet, it's the biggest win of my life. Before the match I knew I had nothing to lose. I came here as a rank outsider and thought as long as I don't make myself look like a muppet, I'll enjoy it. I was 2-0 down and went to the toilet and just had a word with myself to just play my natural game and not to put pressure on myself and luckily I came through.

"The venue was absolutely marvellous and it was a dream come true to play here, I'll never forget it. My dad Gary and my granddad Terry were both in the crowd watching and they've both taught me how to play since I was three years old. This result goes to them."

Wonderful result for him, would love if he can push on and this result not being a stand alone one.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

9.30am

Sports Hall

Another Scot,gets through,braw stuff Scott!.

Old fogey Rod beats a young gun TT.

And the way Haggins is going, old fogey Rod the Plod will beat him

I agree with you for twice. :wave: :-D

Higgins has been incredibly bad by his standards,so unpredictable of last and at the mom.

Even though i wrote a while ago that i thought Higgins will be on the downward plunge,it would,nt surprise me if he suddenly hits another phase of form and pulls some wizardy out of nowhere again,if he ideed manages to make it happen,it,s gonna have to be very soon,he really needs a good bout of results does John.

Postby Andre147

Yes I agree with you hendry-fan, I also think Higgins will at some point hit another purple patch and possibly win another big event, he's far too good a player not to. But at the moment I just cannot see that happening, and yeah that needs to happen soon otherwise he may never recover.

He needs another tourney like his Shanghai Masters one last season, when though is another matter.