Topic locked

Re: International Championship Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

When Barry Hearn took over Witz said it would weed out the Journeymen then with a Flat system witz claimed the same But players of a certain vintage are all of a sudden having great run in events.

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:When Barry Hearn took over Witz said it would weed out the Journeymen then with a Flat system witz claimed the same But players of a certain vintage are all of a sudden having great run in events.

Marco Fu isn't a journeyman and Joe Perry is borderline.

They are both extremely good players though.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:When Barry Hearn took over Witz said it would weed out the Journeymen then with a Flat system witz claimed the same But players of a certain vintage are all of a sudden having great run in events.

Both are Wrong side of 35 though and would be classed as veterans 10 years ago

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Jewell wrote:

Both are Wrong side of 35 though and would be classed as veterans 10 years ago

Hold on a minute... 10 years ago both would have been around 25.

god your a wally

35 years of age would be classed as a veteran 10 years ago.

please tell me what part of that are you too thick to understand?

Postby SnookerFan

Who does everybody want to win this match?

I've always liked Fu, but they both seem like decent sorts. I think Fu will put up a better match in the final, but only because he's been in them more often.

It'd be hard to begrudge Joe a second final though.

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It's hard to pick a winner of this match, aint it?

Despite the fact I did pick a winner earlier in the thread. <laugh>

You should enter the prediction contests. We could do with more entries.

I'd suck at it. <laugh>

I'd be able to predict what game they were playing, let alone winners.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:You don't get that sort of dramatic frames in a best of 9

no you don't

i feel Barry Hearn and local promoters has to take note and realise quick fix matches cant compete at this level..

i think intervals are important to make a match exciting so best of 7s no intervals cant hack it.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:You don't get that sort of dramatic frames in a best of 9

no you don't

i feel Barry Hearn and local promoters has to take note and realise quick fix matches cant compete at this level..

i think intervals are important to make a match exciting so best of 7s no intervals cant hack it.

Yes

I would say that the Indian Open for example didn't really feel like a prober ranking event due to the short format. Also we need another event where every match is over 2 session like the UK was only a couple of years ago.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:

no you don't

Yes

I would say that the Indian Open for example didn't really feels like a prober ranking event due to the short format. Also we need another event where every match is over 2 session like the UK was only a couple of years ago.

i have no problem best of 7s for PTC needs must but other events feels wrong

meanwhile Marco fu cockerels up a frame winning yellow