Topic locked

Re: International Championship Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:In Doncaster a couple of months back Ding was playing some of the best snooker I've ever seen played live. He lost to Marco Fu

yup its how you play on the day + chances you get = win or lose.

when one player at the table you could be in the form of your life and it means rubbish sat in your chair.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Ding hasn't won his semi yet.

id love to see Dotty come through and win the tournament and remind Asia that the scots are still fighting.

Postby snooky147

If the Graeme that has turned up and played great all week appears tomorrow then it will be a good match I am sure. He has as good a chance as anyone. He has been feeling confident when I have spoken to him so we'll see what happens. Sighs.....Up at 6am again lol... :gag:

Postby Skullman

Just seen Marco has won his match. Last I saw on live scoring he was 5-2 down. Well done. Nothing against Ding or Graeme, but I hope he wins.

As for Ding v Dott, let the best man win and win quickly enough so Sky+ doesn't miss the end of the match.

Postby Roland

Ding is the best player in the world on current form but make no mistake, Dotty can beat him if he brings the same game he had at the Crucible. Can't wait! Saying that it's 1:30am so I'm not going to make the first part of the match, will set the alarm for 8am and hope to catch it from the MSI.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Ding is the best player in the world on current form but make no mistake, Dotty can beat him if he brings the same game he had at the Crucible. Can't wait! Saying that it's 1:30am so I'm not going to make the first part of the match, will set the alarm for 8am and hope to catch it from the MSI.

Part-timer. :grrr:

Postby Roland

First frame I saw was 6th at 3-2 to Ding. Very close frame, Dott won it then lost it, also had a good passage of play starting off with a fluke from Ding where the wrong red went in. The other stayed over pocket and blocked black then both were playing miscues to avoid leaving the red, in the end Ding played a very good plant with white virtually touching first red and he landed on nothing from it giving the chance back to Dott. Anyway 4-2 Ding.

Postby Dannyboy

Looking at the rankings, Marco Fu will officially become World Number 6 after this event, gaining 5 places on the last revision and at the start of the season from outside the Top 16.

Other big gains from this revision will be Liang Wenbo who has jumped 10 places, up to 26th. Adiyta Mehta who has gained 7 places and now on the verge of the safety of the Top 64.

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:Looking at the rankings, Marco Fu will officially become World Number 6 after this event, gaining 5 places on the last revision and at the start of the season from outside the Top 16.

Other big gains from this revision will be Liang Wenbo who has jumped 10 places, up to 26th. Adiyta Mehta who has gained 7 places and now on the verge of the safety of the Top 64.

with Money determining the places on tour next season Aditya Mehta is well inside the top 64 at no 45 20,000 points off the drop zone.

Postby Roland

I tell you what he does need to do though if he's to beat Ding, he needs to cut out these shots where he gets frustrated and puts no thought in and just gets down and hits it. But that's Dotty for you. Frustrating to watch. Even the simple shots, the up and down safeties can go wrong if you don't give them due care and attention.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I tell you what he does need to do though if he's to beat Ding, he needs to cut out these shots where he gets frustrated and puts no thought in and just gets down and hits it. But that's Dotty for you. Frustrating to watch. Even the simple shots, the up and down safeties can go wrong if you don't give them due care and attention.

yea that's definitely the main difference between Dott 2013 and Dott the 2006 World Champion....Playing faster doesn't mean No thought and Rushing.

Postby Roland

He can't afford to do that against Ding. In frame 6 he lost after Ding needed a snooker and again in the next Ding needed and got the snooker but Graeme ended up winning. Both times he played some awful shots when Ding only needed one.

Postby snooky147

Sonny wrote:I tell you what he does need to do though if he's to beat Ding, he needs to cut out these shots where he gets frustrated and puts no thought in and just gets down and hits it. But that's Dotty for you. Frustrating to watch. Even the simple shots, the up and down safeties can go wrong if you don't give them due care and attention.

To be fair he hasn't done that all week. When he got this new cue he made the decision to slow down a teensy wee bit and while earlier in the season the results were not that good some of the actual performances were a lot better. All he needed was a run and a little luck, though luck is not something he gets a lot of.
He is still upbeat and confident. All to play for still.

Postby Roland

That's good to hear. Ding is not playing his A game so Graeme is still in with a shout, needs to win the first frame though otherwise Ding could run away with it.

All Graeme needs to do is allow himself time to picture the shot before he plays it and that's what he's not doing. You can see the types of shots because he gets unintentional double kisses and things like that. It is pure carelessness in commentator speak.