Topic locked

Re: International Championship Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Zhao Xintong 4 nil ahead against Hawkins and could even be 5 nil :hatoff:

Certainly don't think anyone expected this, although it's still far from over and he has to keep it going cause Hawkins is a player well capable of coming back at him.

Postby Skullman

Zhao now 5-0 up, while Robbo makes yet another ton to go 5-1 up. Anyone know the record for most centuries made in a ranker outside the worlds. He could beat it if he keeps going like he has been going.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Zhao now 5-0 up, while Robbo makes yet another ton to go 5-1 up. Anyone know the record for most centuries made in a ranker outside the worlds. He could beat it if he keeps going like he has been going.

i think its 12

Postby GJ

Never seen robbo play to this level on a consistent basis.

Hes now playing at a far higher level than when he became WC.

Postby Skullman

I honestly doubt it. I watched the whole match and there was maybe one or two shots that were odd but they're the kind the risky shots a lot of the younger players play. Robbo was just too good. Plus the expected scoreline was 6-2 wasn't it?

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:It was fixed GJ

robbo made 2 centuries due to skill , cant see how fixing affects things when robbo is at the table

:gag:

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:I honestly doubt it. I watched the whole match and there was maybe one or two shots that were odd but they're the kind the risky shots a lot of the younger players play. Robbo was just too good. Plus the expected scoreline was 6-2 wasn't it?

unnooh attacks all the time <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Un-Nooh has thrown this match against Robbo :-(

doesent matter if it was fixed or not nobody fixed Robbo to make 3 tons.

Postby Wildey

Barry Hawkins 1-5 Zhao Xintong
Peter Lines 2-2 Mark Selby
Neil Robertson 6-1 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Stuart Bingham 4-2 Martin Gould
Liang Wenbo 2-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Peter Ebdon 2-2 Mark Joyce

Postby Roland

The scoreline was going to be 6-1 or 6-2 before a ball was struck. It's depressing. Robbo would've won anyway but it's not a result to celebrate.

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:Un-Nooh has thrown this match against Robbo :-(

doesent matter if it was fixed or not nobody fixed Robbo to make 3 tons.

:hatoff: :D :

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:The scoreline was going to be 6-1 or 6-2 before a ball was struck. It's depressing. Robbo would've won anyway but it's not a result to celebrate.

Sonny, did you actually watch the match? Because as far as I could see Un-Nooh played his normally game and was just outplayed by Robbo.

Postby Wildey

Robbo's performance was so good no TV Evidence will be good enough for a conviction in this match Thepchaya hardly got a look in.

Postby Roland

I didn't see a ball but everyone knew the scoreline before it started. It's easy to fix and not make it look fixed when you're up against a player in Robbo's form. It was the most likely score anyway, well I'd have gone 6-2 or 6-3 but even so, it was fixed. It's depressing but it's true.

Postby Wildey

Barry Hawkins 1-5 Zhao Xintong
Peter Lines 2-2 Mark Selby
Neil Robertson 6-1 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Stuart Bingham 5-2 Martin Gould
Liang Wenbo 1-4 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Peter Ebdon 3-2 Mark Joyce
Fergal O'Brien 4-4 Rod Lawler

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I didn't see a ball but everyone knew the scoreline before it started. It's easy to fix and not make it look fixed when you're up against a player in Robbo's form. It was the most likely score anyway, well I'd have gone 6-2 or 6-3 but even so, it was fixed. It's depressing but it's true.

people in the know obviously felt it was a fix so we have to assume something gone on

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Really saddened to read all this talk of fixing :(

The Ding/Guodong final made me think twice too. It is in the financial interests of almost all players on the tour if the sport gets even bigger/stays big in China...

so what your actually saying World Snooker fixed the shanghai masters :roll:

Postby Skullman

Zhao Xintong beats Barr Hawkins 6-1. Great result and the 16 year old has only dropped four frames in the three matches. Hope he gets a visa for Q-School this time, as he deserves a chance to get on tour.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Really saddened to read all this talk of fixing :(

The Ding/Guodong final made me think twice too. It is in the financial interests of almost all players on the tour if the sport gets even bigger/stays big in China...

so what your actually saying World Snooker fixed the shanghai masters :roll:

No, that is not what I'm saying. If this fantastical plot existed it would have been formulated without World Snooker's knowledge. I didn't type the above lightly, this is a sport I've loved since 1982 when I was 9 years old, but recent events have unfortunately made me question.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Zhao Xintong beats Barr Hawkins 6-1. Great result and the 16 year old has only dropped four frames in the three matches. Hope he gets a visa for Q-School this time, as he deserves a chance to get on tour.

his performance in the Asian Tour event been

AT1 Last 128 Lost to Michael White 4-3

AT2 Last 128 Beat Wai Ho Chung 4-0
AT2 Last 64 Lost to Hu Hao 4-3

AT3 Last 128 Beat Zhang Hanxuan 4-1
AT3 Last 64 Beat Yu DeLu 4-0
AT3 Last 32 Lost to Liang Wenbo 4-0

So his chances of getting on tour this way is very slim unless he wins AT 4