Topic locked

Re: International Championship W C and Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Come on Rory!

Will they be starting each session at the same time they did today or was today just a one-off?

Presumably in the early rounds yes. This year they've got 67 matches to complete instead of 39. Plus with the Semi-Finals being played over best of 17 frames it means they need to get down the last 16 by Wednesday so I'd guess that all Second Round Matches will be played on Tuesday.

EDIT: Snooker.org confirms it

you really don't need to guess anything while im here viewtopic.php?f=480&t=4916&p=291370#p291370

Postby Wildey

Sunday 27th of October

10.30am

Anthony McGill 2-6 Ronnie O’Sullivan
Steve Davis 1-6 Zhao Xintong
Rory McLeod 2-2 Matthew Stevens
Alan McManus 2-4 Zhou Yuelong
Dave Harold 3-1 Pankaj Advani
Michael Leslie 2-3 Stuart Carrington

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Had to pop out. Looks like ROS won easily, as expected. Also nice to see Zhao Xintong beat Steve Davis. I think he'll do well when/if he gets on tour.

its nice and refreshing having people on here root for the next generation :bowdown:

Postby roy142857

Witz78 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Steve Davis is Burnt out after winning the Old Farts championship :john:

farce theres still Wildcards rounds aint it.

Any word on when this outdated nonsense will be stopped ?

It was rather setback when all the Chinese players entered for Q School, including Zhào Xīntóng, didn't get Visas so didn't get to compete.

Don't like the wildcard round either, but under the circumstances glad Zhào Xīntóng got this opportunity and hope he does well at the IBSF World Championship.

Postby Wildey

Monday 28th of October

1.30am

Jamie Burnett v Mark Selby streaming
David Gilbert v Shaun Murphy streaming
Mark J Williams v Paul Davison
Mike Dunn v Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon v Jack Lisowski
Gary Wilson v James Wattana

6.30am

Judd Trump v Alan McManus TV/Streaming
Neil Robertson v Alex Davies TV/Streaming
Barry Hawkins v Jimmy White
Zhao Xintong v Craig Steadman
Mark King v Peter Lines
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Zhang Anda

11.30am

Cao Yupeng v Ding Junhui TV/Streaming
Xiao Guodong v Alfie Burden TV/Streaming
Stephen Maguire v Kyren Wilson
Adam Duffy v Marco Fu
Ben Woollaston v Fergal O’Brien
Rod Lawler v Aditya Mehta

Postby hendry_fan

[quote="Wildey"]Steve Davis is Burnt out after winning the Old Farts championship

rofl <laugh>

He,s one of the few "old farts" that have lost.

White,McManus,Harold,Perry,Mark Davis all won there match!. :happy:

Postby Wildey

Sunday 27th of October

10.30am

Anthony McGill 2-6 Ronnie O’Sullivan
Steve Davis 1-6 Zhao Xintong
Rory McLeod 4-6 Matthew Stevens
Alan McManus 6-5 Zhou Yuelong
Dave Harold 6-4 Pankaj Advani
Michael Leslie 4-6 Stuart Carrington

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Had to pop out. Looks like ROS won easily, as expected. Also nice to see Zhao Xintong beat Steve Davis. I think he'll do well when/if he gets on tour.

its nice and refreshing having people on here root for the next generation :bowdown:

I'm all for the next generation coming in and muscling there way to the top. The sad fact is the next generation is just no quite good enough. That's why there is so many 35+ there or thereabouts.

Postby Witz78

give the new generation time mate

its only just started being a level playing field for the youngsters this season, in terms of flat draws, ranking points changes etc

by the end of next season after 2 years we will fully see the true effect. Already you can see the order of things being mixed up with different faces and new stars emerging though.

The old guard, particularly a lot of the "journeymen" in their 30s and 40s will soon be squeezed out at the expense of the younger talent. I think its clear that the tour is soon going to be awash with Chinese teenagers and 20 somethings too.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I'm all for the next generation coming in and muscling there way to the top. The sad fact is the next generation is just no quite good enough. That's why there is so many 35+ there or thereabouts.

Why would you want the next generation to take over? You support John Higgins...

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Why would you want the next generation to take over? You support John Higgins...

Yes I support john Higgins but I support snooker and it's progress a lot more.

Postby Wildey

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Too Many if truth be told that's not their fault but the well needs to re fill at the moment and i think its extremely sad for snooker if Steve Davis or Jimmy White playing at just about quarter of their peak beats young players so its brilliant seeing Steve getting hammered Today.

Postby Wildey

Jamie Burnett 0-1 Mark Selby
David Gilbert 1-0 Shaun Murphy
Mark J Williams 1-0 Paul Davison
Mike Dunn 1-1 Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon 1-0 Jack Lisowski
Gary Wilson 1-1 James Wattana

Postby Wildey

Monday 28th of October

1.30am

Jamie Burnett 0-6 Mark Selby
David Gilbert 6-4
Shaun Murphy
Mark J Williams 6-2 Paul Davison
Mike Dunn 4-6 Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon 6-2
Jack Lisowski
Gary Wilson 5-6 James Wattana

6.30am