Post a reply

Pankaj Advani will play in Chengdu

Postby Roland

Pankaj Advani has decided to miss the defence of his World Billiards crown and instead play in Chengdu. Well I for one didn't see that coming. A shame for him that he had to choose but also encouraging that his 2 year trial period in snooker is going such that he would prefer to play in Chengdu than Leeds.

Re: Pankaj Advani will play in Chengdu

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well that didn't turn out too great for him, did it?

Still better for him than Playing Billiards its all about gaining experience at the highest level.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:

Still better for him than Playing Billiards its all about gaining experience at the highest level.

That's a positive way of looking at it. I would prefer being a World Champion than gaining the "experience" of losing to World Seniors semi finalist Dave Harold. It's not like there are too few tournament nowadays.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:

That's a positive way of looking at it. I would prefer being a World Champion than gaining the "experience" of losing to World Seniors semi finalist Dave Harold. It's not like there are too few tournament nowadays.

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:

he has nothing to prove in Billiards done it all.

losing to harold shows there's still work to do to reach world class at snooker so lesson learned experience gained ...its all positive.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He should've played billiards

why?

what would he have earned out of it?

sweet FA.

he did the right move and losing to harold helped his career more than fanning about playing Billiards.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild, I agree that billiard is not very interesting to watch on television because the game is way too easy.

But from a Advani's perspective entering the International Championship and not defending his World Title was a total failure.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wild, I agree that billiard is not very interesting to watch on television because the game is way too easy.

But from a Advani's perspective entering the International Championship and not defending his World Title was a total failure.

why?

seriously i dont understand that...

its like saying Jimmy White should have defended his World Amataur Snooker championship in 1981 instead of Turning pro and showing ambition.

Postby Roland

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wild, I agree that billiard is not very interesting to watch on television because the game is way too easy.

rofl

Postby Roland

And I was just winding you up Wild. I fully expected him to choose billiards but the fact he chose China is a good sign that he's enjoying his snooker and wants to succeed.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:

rofl

Maybe I could have paraphrased that differently. Billiard is a great game to play yourself, not so good to watch.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:

rofl

Maybe I could have paraphrased that differently. Billiard is a great game to play yourself, not so good to watch.

thats my point regarding India Open and Best of 7s the Indians Love to watch Billiards so Adding a few more frames on to matches shouldn't be a problem.

Postby Roland

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:

rofl

That's what I thought until I went and watched it. You'd be surprised, it's actually very entertaining. 150 up for example is over in 20 minutes or so, so it's like a frame of snooker. I think it would work as a minority televised sport. Obviously it'd be race to x many games.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:

rofl

That's what I thought until I went and watched it. You'd be surprised, it's actually very entertaining. 150 up for example is over in 20 minutes or so, so it's like a frame of snooker. I think it would work as a minority televised sport. Obviously it'd be race to x many games.

I'll check it out.