Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Sean O'Sullivan 2-0 James Cahill
David Morris 3-1 Elliot Slessor
Scott Donaldson 3-1 Andrew Norman
Simon Bedford w/o Cao Xinlong
Luca Brecel 2-2 Mitchell Travis
Gary Wilson 2-1 Noppon Saengkham
Aditya Mehta 4-0 Hammad Miah
Paul Davison 1-2 Allan Taylor
Jamie O'Neill 3-1 Antony Parsons

Postby Roland

Wildey wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:i do think there's serious pressure on them to do it on the other hand Wattana been a pro for almost 25 years how come hes not been approached from someone? maybe he has?

I think Wattana managed to attain success quite early in his career so maybe he didn't need the money as much?

Though, I do remember reading something about him being caught up some Thai gangsters back in the day.

as sonny pointed out on twitter earlier their families could have been threatened however they are pretty stupid gangsters by trying to fix 2 results in one session

Especially when one of those they have to lose to is arguably the worst player on tour.

I have heard stories of Wattana having his family threatened before as well. It goes on in Thailand unfortunately. No one wants to see what went on this morning, both TT and Passakorn have proven themselves to be able to play to a high standard. They are up the creek now though, I don't expect to see them playing in Doncaster again.

Jan Verhaas was parachuted in to ref the decider of the Passakorn v Khairy match and from live scoring it was so obvious something was going on. Passakorn was 20 ahead and potting balls, I thought what's going on here? So he duely missed, fouled, and fouled again and again until Khairy was in the lead, then he dollied balls over the holes for him to finish the match off. We've not heard the last of this for sure.

Postby Wildey

David Morris 3-1 Elliot Slessor
Scott Donaldson 3-1 Andrew Norman
Gary Wilson 3-1 Noppon Saengkham
Ian Burns 3-0 Ahmed Saif
Paul Davison 1-3 Allan Taylor
Jamie O'Neill 4-1 Antony Parsons

Postby Forza_Bajen

I am also sure that many of these matches are fixed. Thats bad to see and very bad for the sport of snooker. It is not just today, we all often see this happening and it sucks!

Postby Wildey

Forza_Bajen wrote:Im still not sure about the Brecel game. Can still be a fixed match. We will see... It is pathetic however.

bad form shouldn't be seen as match fixing

Postby Forza_Bajen

Wildey wrote:
Forza_Bajen wrote:Im still not sure about the Brecel game. Can still be a fixed match. We will see... It is pathetic however.

bad form shouldn't be seen as match fixing

Im not saying he fix matches. Just it is weird. And some matches are fixed probably, we never know for sure of course.

Postby Wildey

Sean O'Sullivan 3-2 James Cahill
David Morris 5-1 Elliot Slessor
Scott Donaldson 4-3 Andrew Norman
Gary Wilson 4-3 Noppon Saengkham
Ian Burns 5-0 Ahmed Saif
Paul Davison 3-5 Allan Taylor
Craig Steadman 5-2 Lu Haotian
Jamie O'Neill 5-1 Antony Parsons

Postby Wildey

WPBSA Statement

The WPBSA work with partners to monitor betting on snooker matches.
As a result of this we were aware of the unusual betting patterns regarding the matches between Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon and Ross Muir and Passakorn Suwannawat and Mohamed Khairy.

The WPBSA are liaising with the Gambling Commission to establish the available facts surrounding betting on these matches. A decision will then be made regarding any further action necessary.

Postby Roland

Pagett hasn't been very complimentary about O'Sullivan and Cahill, pretty much laughing at the fact they are professional which isn't a very professional thing to say.

Absolutely agree as well that you can't go looking for matches being fixed just because of what happened this morning. Everyone knew before the matches started that the Thai players would lose, there has been no such information about any other matches.

Postby Wildey

its just sad and a by product of match fixing that legit misses are being analysed then discussed on social media and forums.

Postby Skullman

@Pagett And it's probably not a coincidence that the two players he's slagged off are teenagers. I'm guessing if they were anyone remotely physically threatening, he wouldn't say a word.
Last edited by Skullman on 07 Aug 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:And it's probably not a coincidence that the two players he's slagged off are teenagers. I'm guessing if they were anyone remotely physically threatening, he wouldn't say a word.

looking forward when he plays one of them and gets beat.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 7th of August

2.30pm

Sean O'Sullivan 5-4 James Cahill
David Morris 5-1 Elliot Slessor
Scott Donaldson 5-3 Andrew Norman
Simon Bedford w/o Cao Xinlong
Luca Brecel 5-2 Mitchell Travis
Gary Wilson 5-4 Noppon Saengkham
Aditya Mehta 5-0 Hammad Miah
Ian Burns 5-0 Ahmed Saif
Paul Davison 3-5 Allan Taylor
Craig Steadman 5-2 Lu Haotian
Jamie O'Neill 5-1 Antony Parsons

7pm

John J Astley v Rhys Clark
David Grace v Patrick Einsle
Sam Baird v Alex Borg
Tony Drago v Dylan Mitchell streamed
Li Hang v Jak Jones
Daniel Wells v Fraser Patrick
Michael Wasley v Ratchayothin Yotharuck
Pankaj Advani v Robin Hull streamed
Joel Walker v Sydney Wilson
Robbie Williams v Chris Wakelin

a strong finish from Sean O'Sullivan to win the Match 5-4

Postby hendry_fan

WTF!!!!,i,ve just read comments about some matches being possibly fixed!!,if they really were fixed then its an absolute UTTER SHAMBLES!!,any player who would even chance match fixing seriously needs there heads checked. <doh>

On another note though,just cause a player plays total donkey poo doesn,t mean to say he played donkey poo deliberatley,everyone who knows snooker well,knows full well that any player can play absolut bulls**t one day but could play great snooker the next,it can happen to any top player not just the low ranking players.

Postby Wildey

John J Astley 2-1 Rhys Clark
David Grace 2-2 Patrick Einsle
Sam Baird 3-1 Alex Borg
Tony Drago 3-2 Dylan Mitchell
Li Hang 3-0 Jak Jones
Daniel Wells 2-1 Fraser Patrick
Michael Wasley 4-1 Ratchayothin Yotharuck
Pankaj Advani 1-2 Robin Hull
Joel Walker 2-2 Sydney Wilson
Robbie Williams 3-1 Chris Wakelin