Post a reply

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Just hoping for a good match. Best of 7 was too short for players of Robbo and Higgins's class.

If Robbo wins he's on 8 rankers, just one behind John Parrott and Peter Ebdon. If Higgins wins he's on 26 rankers, moving back in the third on the all time list, just two behind Steve Davis.

Postby SnookerFan

This could be a cracker. I agree with Skullman. This'll be much better than that best of seven bullocks.

Believe it or not, I've yet to see John Higgins play in this tournament yet, but I hear he's in good form. I've seen Robbo's matches against King, Cao and Milkins and know he's playing well.

Lets hope this match is the classic two such big names deserve. :D

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Higgins playing well; Robbo is playing fairly poorly.

I predict a 10-4 beat down. <ok>

God sakes John Higgins has played Well bellow his best and he is in the final his opponents should look long and hard at their game because they are embarrassing themselves big time.

Neil Robertson has played far better than Higgins so far.

Theres a deal 2 for 1 better get in quick mate http://www.specsavers.co.uk/?gclid=CN6V ... tAodiSAA9w

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Lets hope this match is the classic two such big names deserve. :D

Just because this is the Wuxi Classic doesn't mean we'll get a classic :|

If it's not, can we sue them under the Trades Description Act? They promised us a classic. :grrr:

Postby hendry_fan

Cant wait to celebrate yet another title goin to Scotland and Higgins winnin yet another title,piece of silverware. :-D

There,ll be no eggs on Robbos face after he gets put in his place,there,ll be plenty of soggy haggis on it though. <laugh>

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:Cant wait to celebrate yet another title goin to Scotland and Higgins winnin yet another title,piece of silverware.

There,ll be no eggs on Robbos face after he gets put in his place,there,ll be plenty of soggy haggis on it though

Don't be so confident, Robbo will show Higgins that John can't just expect to lay badly in an event and still win, and I for one think Robbo will win this and duly deserves it, Higgins hasn't played anywhere near the level of Robbo and had his opponents not crumbled against him Higgins wouldn't have reached this far, but anyway.

Cmon Robbo, show him how it's done :-D :wave:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Cant wait to celebrate yet another title goin to Scotland and Higgins winnin yet another title,piece of silverware.
[/quot

Silverware?

I don't know what you call that in Scotland but to me the word "silverware" doesn't spring to mind. :wave:

<ok>

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:2-2

Yeah a fair result, and noticed Robbo is wearing a white shirt this session, a very rare occasion and when he weares it usually plays bad, but anyway..

Hope that doesn't happen today and he keeps himself in touch with Higgins, as I've seen John is in no mood to let his opponent's errors go unpunished.

Postby Odrl

Very attacking snooker from both players so far. I thought they would have kept it tighter, but they've been going for their shots and getting them. Not many wasted chances either, just that little wobble from Robertson in the 3rd frame.

Somehow I can't see either of them getting any sort of decisive lead after the interval. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Yeah a fair result, and noticed Robbo is wearing a white shirt this session, a very rare occasion and when he weares it usually plays bad, but anyway..

Hope that doesn't happen today and he keeps himself in touch with Higgins, as I've seen John is in no mood to let his opponent's errors go unpunished.

rofl rofl

Top observation skills, sir. We need some stats as to how many times Robbo has won whilst wearing a white shirt.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

rofl rofl

Top observation skills, sir. We need some stats as to how many times Robbo has won whilst wearing a white shirt.

Yeah I'll put them up here just for you. :wave:

Postby GJ

the grand prix semi between these 2 was just stunning

1 visit snooker all the way and a dramatic black ball decider

hope this one is half as good

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:

There,ll be no eggs on Robbos face after he gets put in his place,there,ll be plenty of soggy haggis on it though

Don't be so confident, Robbo will show Higgins that John can't just expect to lay badly in an event and still win, and I for one think Robbo will win this and duly deserves it, Higgins hasn't played anywhere near the level of Robbo and had his opponents not crumbled against him Higgins wouldn't have reached this far, but anyway.

Cmon Robbo, show him how it's done :-D :wave:

Settle down Andre147!,i was just havin a bit of a dig with GJ!.

I actualy slighty favour Robbo to win this title,but as we all know,you can never write Higgins off,Higgins could play rubbish by his standards all week then suddenly out of nowhere he can upper a few gears and start playing like a wizard!.

Oh,and as far as the "silverware" is concerned,i know its not a bl**dy piece of silverware, <doh> i just wrote that as the trophys are/were mainly regarded as silverware!.