Post a reply

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:thats 8 main ranking titles
and masters

Yeah that sure is amazing.

I really hope he does himself and his home fans justice and performs well at his home event in Australia.

Postby GJ

so proud i always believed in him but when he had a bad time from 2007 and that thrashing by mags in 08 worlds it was hard at times for him.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:andrei

looks like its the last aussie open so hope he gets it

Yes like most players not really my favourite event for various reasons but as you say possibly being the last event there and considering Robbo hasn't performed well there, I hope he wins it or reaches the latter stages at least.

Postby Andre147

Looking at Neil's draw there, he should at least reach the semis where he could face Selby, but anyway... I'll leave that for the Aussie Open discussion topic.
Last edited by Andre147 on 23 Jun 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

and masters

He's got quite a collection of tournament wins now, hasn't he? And for somebody who was once criticised for having easy oppoentns in all his finals, he's beaten Ronnie, Selby and John Higgins in ranking event finals. :hatoff: And Shaun Murphy at The Masters.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 23 Jun 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
and masters

He's got quite a collection of tournament wins now, hasn't he? And for somebody who was once criticised for having easy oppoentns in all his finals, he's beaten Ronnie, Selby and John Higgins in ranking event finals. :hatoff: And Shaun Murphy at The Masters.

Yes you can only beat who's in front of you and it's not like Cope or Higginson for instance crumbled against him, and he also had a tough opponent in Ding in the Grand Prix, albeit winning by some considerable margin.

He has indeed a great collection of tourneys and this might be Robbo's best season if he carries on like he has done so far.

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:you got to fancy Robbo to go above Jimmy White 10 Raking Haul next season at the latest.

cant wait :D :D :D

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:you got to fancy Robbo to go above Jimmy White 10 Raking Haul next season at the latest.

cant wait :D :D :D

You must be very happy GJ cause your man beat also the other inform player this season and you know I sensed yet another Higgins comeback there.

I know I would be more than happy if Ronnie beat Higgins in a final like this, no better opponent to beat, possibly Selby too.

Postby GJ

tbh based on robbos form all week i knew he would fancy the job

stevens and others are beat before they reach the table v higgins robbo fears no one

he has off days but hes only human.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:tbh based on robbos form all week i knew he would fancy the job

stevens and others are beat before they reach the table v higgins robbo fears no one

he has off days but hes only human.

That is the thing I admire most in Robbo, the fact he's able to put bad losses behind him, for instance against players like Higgins and Selby, and play like he has no scars against those opponents. Ypu have to be very strong mentally to do that, and Robbo certainly is.

Postby GJ

Neil Robertson‏@nr147
Can't believe I've won back-to-back ranking tournaments in China. And to beat John Higgins who is a hero of mine is unbelievable