Post a reply

Neil Robertson's 147

Postby Skullman

Today Robbo made his second maximum of career, in the second frame of his match against Mohammed Khairy, which he went on to win 5-0.

Congratulations :hatoff:

Link to the max

Re: Neil Robertson's 147

Postby GJ

PURE CLASS

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Decent break.

pleased you liked it

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I have to say, that was the most difficult maximum I have ever seen. By some distance. I thought Mark Williams max at the Crucible was brilliant but that was even better.

Could be the greatest 147 ever, the only thing speaking against it being that, is that he was under very little pressure in the situation. I don't think he could have produced that at the Worlds for example.

Postby Roland

By the same token yes the pressure is more at the Crucible but then in the match situation maximums are generally made when the pressure isn't on. Mark Williams one was no pressure, he was just going for cash to complete an easy win but it was a great maximum. If you take match situation into consideration then the best has to be Ronnie doing it against Selby in the UK semi-final decider.

Anyway, Robbo's max was class. I'll tell you in which event he wouldn't have been able to make that break though. A shot clock one.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:By the same token yes the pressure is more at the Crucible but then in the match situation maximums are generally made when the pressure isn't on. Mark Williams one was no pressure, he was just going for cash to complete an easy win but it was a great maximum. If you take match situation into consideration then the best has to be Ronnie doing it against Selby in the UK semi-final decider.

Anyway, Robbo's max was class. I'll tell you in which event he wouldn't have been able to make that break though. A shot clock one.

but the Ronnies max looked on from first few pots in that semi i called it myself at that time i was sat just behind mark selby.

the Robbo max looked almost impossible when the break was 90.

Postby Roland

Yeah but that's because he makes it look easy! Anyway, Robbo's seemed the most unlikely of all the maximums I've seen from when he had about 4 reds left.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yeah but that's because he makes it look easy! Anyway, Robbo's seemed the most unlikely of all the maximums I've seen from when he had about 4 reds left.

infact when you look at this max again the reason last few pots went awkward was because neil put them there with poor pinpoint positions so he had to use a lot of canons to run off for the black ball he pushed that pink and reds on to cushings