Topic locked

Re: Australia Goldfields Open WC & Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby SnookerFan

I find watching snooker on television very weird without commentary. Which is odd, considering I never buy those commentary headsets things at events.

I remember the commentary going down on the BBC once and I'm thinking; "Result! No Virgo." Within about 90 seconds I'd turned over to Eurosport just because I was so used to people talking over the picture. Even if what they are saying is absolute twiddle.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ian Chappell made the trip specially down to Bendigo to watch the snooker lol

Celebrity Watch. This is turning into Wimbledon. <laugh>

ive heard on the grapevine skippy making an appearance tomorrow :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 9th of July

2.30am

Ricky Walden v Fergal O’Brien
Dominic Dale v Mike Dunn

Followed By

Shaun Murphy v Michael White
Joe Perry v Xiao Guodong

Not Before 10am

Mark Selby v Ian Burns
Michael Holt v Alfie Burden

Postby Wildey

pleong0104 wrote:Just saw from snooker org Ding Junhui withdrew from this tournament

hes been fannying about in Asia

seriously these players does next to nothing to help the sport grow in new countries.

Small minded and complacency will kill the sport nothings changed in players mentality.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Ding just hammered in the final nail in the coffin of this event. A shame, to be honest, but life moves on. I think most people realised from the beginning that this tournament wasn't going to be viable in the near future.

Anyway, did Ding provide a reason for his withdrawal? He hasn't done a Ronnie, has he? :gag:

why wasent it going to be viable?

god sake how pathetic todays players really are and lets be honest some fans has got even less clue and that says a hell of a lot.