Post a reply

I need to be more careful.

Postby Minimalist

While making an otherwise legal shot, I foul by accidentally moving a red with my bridge hand.

1. Is the ball in question replaced, left as it lies, or opponent's choice?
2. What if it were accidentally knocked into a pocket? (Actually happened last night.)
3. Same situation, but it's a colour that's accidentally moved.

Re: I need to be more careful.

Postby Andre147

To answer your questions...

1. Ball is left as it lies
2. It would stay in the pocket, but in this instance if the referee suspects it was done on purpose he has to warn the offending player
3. No difference to number 1, color is left as it lies, but the foul is the value of that color, 4 point foul until brown, 5 for blue, 6 for pink and 7 for black.

Postby Minimalist

Thanks for the quick reply!

Andre147 wrote:3. No difference to number 1, color is left as it lies, but the foul is the value of that color, 4 point foul until brown, 5 for blue, 6 for pink and 7 for black.

Of course, but this brings to mind a further question:

If I shoot at the black, then move a red while withdrawing my hand, I assume that's seven points. However, what if I move the red while addressing the cue ball with the intent of shooting at the black, and thus don't take the shot? Seven points, or four?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Minimalist wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

Andre147 wrote:3. No difference to number 1, color is left as it lies, but the foul is the value of that color, 4 point foul until brown, 5 for blue, 6 for pink and 7 for black.

Of course, but this brings to mind a further question:

If I shoot at the black, then move a red while withdrawing my hand, I assume that's seven points. However, what if I move the red while addressing the cue ball with the intent of shooting at the black, and thus don't take the shot? Seven points, or four?

Seven!!