Post a reply

Doubles Snooker game

Postby elnino

In a doubles encounter Side A is drawn against Side B. Side A wins the toss and elects to break the first frame. The order of play is established after the first four turns _ A1; B1; A2 and B2.

During the course of the game a foul is called for A2 playing out of turn. How does play continue after the foul has been called?

Re: Doubles Snooker game

Postby Sickpotter

If A1 was supposed to shoot but A2 played instead then I believe B1 would be at the table with A1 losing his turn and incurring whatever foul penalty is appropriate.

Not positive though, haven't actually encountered the situation.....generally people are well aware of when it's their turn as they've had to wait for 3 other players to shoot ;-)

Postby Dan-cat

elnino wrote:DAN-CAT !!!!!

hahah I know. If you haven't got anything useful to add to the thread then don't!!! Forum rules!

Whenever anyone suggests doubles I inwardly groan. It usually happens to me in pool when it's winner-stays-on and I'm ruling ... hey, shall we play doubles? Arrrrrgh. Buck off!!! Happened to me in New York a few weeks ago. I won about 5 games, got a lovely rhythm going, was starting to work out the idiosyncrasies of the table... and then I have to play with someone I don't back at all. It winds me right up!

Postby elnino

DAN-CAT no offense meant was simply waiting for others to quote the salient rule.

SICKPOTTER is correct.

A2 played out of turn, A1 loses his/her turn; and,so B1's turn follows the foul.

Section 3 Rule 17. Four-handed Snooker

(a) In a four-handed game each side shall open alternate frames and the order of play shall be determined at the start of each frame and, when so determined, must be maintained throughout that frame.

(b) Players may change the order of play at the start of each new frame.

(c) If a foul is committed and a request to play again is made, the player who committed the foul plays the next stroke and the order of play is unchanged. If the foul was called for playing out of turn, the offender‟s partner will lose a turn, whether or not the offender is asked to play again.