Hi!

Post a reply

Hi!

Postby paperbackwriter

I'm Ania and I'm from Poland. I've become interested in snooker few years ago, during boring family holidays in Turkey- we were spending evenings watching football matches in some pub and one time they had snooker instead. At first I didn't pay much attention, busy trying to find some witty response to bartender's cheap advances. Then my father got me involved and it stayed that way (or not, because later he was the one who had enough of watching all televised snooker events). Since then there were always some people who I could talk about snooker with- I guess I've been rather lucky considering its popularity in Poland- but recently I've found out that they may be a little less interested than I would want them to be and that I happen to be boring at times, not wanting to talk about anything else. So I decided to say what I need to say somewhere else.
As for playing, I don't really have any serious experience (very little of it in any cue sport actually) but I'm determined to change it someday to get a fuller view.
I also wanted to explain what I like about snooker but it's tougher than I expected. In my supporting history I've always chosen offensive players and probably the risky, spectacular style is still what gets me most excited. But I've learned to appreciate great tacticians as well and found out that psychological game itself can be unbelievably fascinating. And also, I gained some inspiration for my art (I'm to become a graphic designer in few years).

That's it I guess :)

Re: Hi!

Postby Hallenberg

Hi Ania :wave: welcome to the island!

Postby Wildey

welcome Ania hope you will contribute a lot to discussions here :wave: :wave:

can i ask from where did you hear about snooker island ?

Postby paperbackwriter

Saw it mentioned on TSF and somewhere else as well (probably 606, though I don't remember exactly) :)

Postby Bourne

Hey Ania !!!

Postby Rocket_ron

Welcome Ania <ok>

nice to see people from other contries getting in on all the snooker action, welcome you have come to the right place, hope to have some good discussions with you