Hello young Jedi
1. Get yourself a copy of the bible, Joe Davis 'how I play snooker.' I'll send you a copy if you like, I've got a spare.
2. Watch videos of Steve Davis on YouTube. Look at his stance, his bridge (a good solid bridge hand is so fundamental), his pause on the back swing.
3. Stay still on the shot. Don't move your head till the ball has gone in. Try to push your cue through in a straight line. Follow through the white ball when you strike. You might not understand what this means right now but you will.
4. Don't get annoyed when you miss. Strike the mistake from your mind and move on. When you start getting good, which you will if you persevere, you'll realise how important the mental side of the game is.
5. Get a coach, even just for a few lessons. It will save you a lot of time and stop you picking up bad habits that you will have to un-learn later.
Have fun dude, it's a beautiful game.