Post a reply

Re: Everyone say HELLO....and where you from!

Postby wjmwpg

Just registered today. I discovered this forum when googling to find some great older match-ups to watch on the YouTubes. And thanks to this forum I just watched Kirk Stevens v Jimmy White from from the Crucible QF in ‘84. It was crackerjack.

Postby Refbugs

Hi all - found this site when searching for info on Sydney Lee. I enjoy working on the history of individuals be they players, administrators, referees. If possible also creating their ancestry. I mainly cover Billiards. See https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:English_Billiards

Live in Australia - played and refereed Billiards and Snooker but now retired (Legs and memory knackered)

Postby LesPuzz

Hi,

my name is Marian and I'm from Germany.
Four years ago I realized that I am not up-to-date in the sport and decided to concern myself more in snooker - as I did twenty years ago. Later on I came up with the idea of a snooker prediction contest for me and some friends of mine. One year later I joined the snooker org team.

I love the sport and due to my new positions I am following more events than are shown on TV. When the 3rd event of the Q Tour 2023 was held in Heilbronn, I participated as player and lost (as expected). BUT now I am also a registered snooker player :-D Additionally, I took the opportunity to make some photos of the players which could be used for their profile page.

You can find my prediction contest on kicktipp-dot-com-slash-crucible. Feel free to join because every new member is a benefit for the contest. And I know: snooker fans will love it. <ok>

Hello again. See you at "The Crucible" (kicktipp.com/crucible).

Sincerely
Marian
Last edited by LesPuzz on 17 Nov 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Postby LesPuzz

Hard to say.
When I started to watch snooker, I wondered why the crowd is entertained by some old men. So I soon cheered for "newbie" Ronnie. This never changed. As well as Williams and Higgins.
Over the years, Robertson, Perry and Stevens joined my collection.
At the moment, there are many veterans and promising pros waiting for their 1st/2nd title plus many players trying to get on the tour.
Naming them all would take too long...