Post a reply

Re: Everyone say HELLO....and where you from!

Postby CUE CRAFTY

Hi Islanders - sorry for jumping straight in with a few posts before an intro. My names Paul, I live in the south east and am a snooker fan. I started playing when people used to queue outside snooker clubs at 7am to ensure they got a table... I cant say i hope those days return but some better facilities from renewed interest in our game wouldn't go a miss.
<ok>

Postby Miodrag_SRB

Hello everyone! My name is Miodrag and I am from Belgrade, Republic of Serbia. I'm sixteen years old (In 5 days will be seventeen)
I speak Serbian, English and a bit of Latvian language (learning it when i have free time :D )

I love snooker since I was a child, I watched it on Eurosport (still remembering logo of the channel before actual :D ) and I really enjoy it.

It's good to see you all on the forum. I think it's fine here.

Stay safe and healthy!

Miodrag

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:HELLO MY NAME IS IRANU AND I HAVE YET TO STFU

You forgot to mention that you're terrible at asking questions on the never ending quiz <laugh> sorry I had to go there.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:

You forgot to mention that you're terrible at asking questions on the never ending quiz <laugh> sorry I had to go there.

No you didn’t.

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

No you didn’t.

The dark lord made me do it.

Postby Dan-cat

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

No you didn’t.

The dark lord made me do it.

No I didn't!

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:HELLO MY NAME IS DANCAT AND I ONCE HAD A 53 BREAK BUT I DONT COUNT IT AS IT HAD A FLUKE IN THE MIDDLE

I read that as a Flake first. I thought why does eating chocolate during play that means you don't count it

Postby Running side

Hello everyone, first post yesterday, long time viewer, born and live Sheffield, enjoy playing, top break 79,claim to fame,fitting carpets in crucible from 78 to 98,lots of players contact. Favourite players Ronnie, mark Williams Fred Davis. Looking foreword to worlds in April.

Postby Dan-cat

Running side wrote:Hello everyone, first post yesterday, long time viewer, born and live Sheffield, enjoy playing, top break 79,claim to fame,fitting carpets in crucible from 78 to 98,lots of players contact. Favourite players Ronnie, mark Williams Fred Davis. Looking foreword to worlds in April.

Love your claim to fame! Welcome dude :-D

Postby Holden Chinaski

Running side wrote:Hello everyone, first post yesterday, long time viewer, born and live Sheffield, enjoy playing, top break 79,claim to fame,fitting carpets in crucible from 78 to 98,lots of players contact. Favourite players Ronnie, mark Williams Fred Davis. Looking foreword to worlds in April.

Welcome! That must have been a great time when you did the carpets for the Crucible!

Postby Running side

Thanks for welcomes, regarding early days at crucible seems very basic set up to modern day standard, remember embassy cigarettes main sponsor handing out fags to everyone on site and smoking everywhere, David Vine liking embassy girls.Enjoyed seeing players in practice room or green room relaxing some real characters, remember once asking Eddie Charlton for his autograph and him just looking straight through me, much to Spencer's amusement. So many memories, could fill afternoon on Alex alone, probably get banned.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Running side wrote:Thanks for welcomes, regarding early days at crucible seems very basic set up to modern day standard, remember embassy cigarettes main sponsor handing out fags to everyone on site and smoking everywhere, David Vine liking embassy girls.Enjoyed seeing players in practice room or green room relaxing some real characters, remember once asking Eddie Charlton for his autograph and him just looking straight through me, much to Spencer's amusement. So many memories, could fill afternoon on Alex alone, probably get banned.

Please feel free to make a thread where you share some of your stories about the players. I would love that.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Running side wrote:Thanks for welcomes, regarding early days at crucible seems very basic set up to modern day standard, remember embassy cigarettes main sponsor handing out fags to everyone on site and smoking everywhere, David Vine liking embassy girls.Enjoyed seeing players in practice room or green room relaxing some real characters, remember once asking Eddie Charlton for his autograph and him just looking straight through me, much to Spencer's amusement. So many memories, could fill afternoon on Alex alone, probably get banned.

Please feel free to make a thread where you share some of your stories about the players. I would love that.

+1

Postby Running side

Bumped into Cliff Wilson a few times what a player, never saw him miss on practice table, my mate, non snooker fan,thought he was a caretaker at crucible, asked him best way to bins, two word answer ended in off, fantastic guy very funny.

Postby Dan-cat

Running side wrote:Bumped into Cliff Wilson a few times what a player, never saw him miss on practice table, my mate, non snooker fan,thought he was a caretaker at crucible, asked him best way to bins, two word answer ended in off, fantastic guy very funny.

Lolz <laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

Running side wrote:Bumped into Cliff Wilson a few times what a player, never saw him miss on practice table, my mate, non snooker fan,thought he was a caretaker at crucible, asked him best way to bins, two word answer ended in off, fantastic guy very funny.

Brilliant! :chuckle:

Cliff 'the Caretaker' Wilson - love it <ok>