Post a reply

Re: Everyone say HELLO....and where you from!

Postby SNOOKERwill

hi,I'm from China, a fan of mark williams. I never pick up a cue,never touch a snooker ball,never watch watches in arenas. Just over four months to enter this snooker world.I googled "snooker forum"and then I found here.I am old enough to watch R rated stuff,such us ronnie's snooker.:)

Postby Dan-cat

SNOOKERwill wrote:hi,I'm from China, a fan of mark williams. I never pick up a cue,never touch a snooker ball,never watch watches in arenas. Just over four months to enter this snooker world.I googled "snooker forum"and then I found here.I am old enough to watch R rated stuff,such us ronnie's snooker.:)

Yo Will!

Welcome. It’s an excellent forum, google did well :)

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Some people on here will know me.

I'm SnookerFan, I'm 29, from Croydon. I'm that guy you may have seen in the crowd with the bright red Snooker Loopy T-Shirt. I go to a lot of live games.

I heard about this site after Seifer's went down recently. Glad to be here.

Bloody hell, that was a long time ago.

Postby SnookerFan

SNOOKERwill wrote:hi,I'm from China, a fan of mark williams. I never pick up a cue,never touch a snooker ball,never watch watches in arenas. Just over four months to enter this snooker world.I googled "snooker forum"and then I found here.I am old enough to watch R rated stuff,such us ronnie's snooker.:)

One post wonder.

Postby HappyCamper

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Hello I am from Edinburgh. I like snooker!

Welcome to the forum.
Are you a Higgins fan?

He's a great player, but I lost a lot of respect for him after the whole Kiev hotel incident.

Postby Alex0paul

HappyCamper wrote:Hello I am from Edinburgh. I like snooker!

You are my new favourite forum member for obvious reasons

Postby SnookerFan

DrZoidberg wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
DrZoidberg wrote:alrighty im zoidberg, from glasgow. got this site off a link on doublefinish.

looks good so far <ok>

welcome zoidberg, nice to see another darts fan on here :wave:

cheers for the welcome, will try and contribute as much as i can <ok>

Good man. :hatoff:

Postby GeF

Hello, I'm from France and as we say in France "I speak English like a spanish cow".
So I won't be very active.

What can I say about me ?
I play snooker badly, I plan to work hard in order to improve.
But I have very small chance of reaching the pro tour with my age.
Only Jimmy White is older than me on the tour.

And I'm a big fan of Higgins, the special one (Alex).

Postby Badsnookerplayer

GeF wrote:Hello, I'm from France and as we say in France "I speak English like a spanish cow".
So I won't be very active.

What can I say about me ?
I play snooker badly, I plan to work hard in order to improve.
But I have very small chance of reaching the pro tour with my age.
Only Jimmy White is older than me on the tour.

And I'm a big fan of Higgins, the special one (Alex).

Welcome!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I'm intrigued by the phrase about Spanish cows.

I wouldn't have thought any kind of cows spoke English very well.

Well they do moo in regional accents.

Postby Des Kehoe

Hi there
Name is Des now live in Lowestoft Suffolk but originally from London. Highest break is 15 and i am very proud of that. Davis V Taylor was my introduction to snooker i was 14 and dad let me stay up to watch. I have dipped in and out for various reasons but really got back into it after Ebdon v Hendry 02. Got a soft spot for Dotty. Ronnie does my head in sometimes but snooker will miss him. Anyway enough rambling and hope you are all ok during this lockdown

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Des Kehoe wrote:Hi there
Name is Des now live in Lowestoft Suffolk but originally from London. Highest break is 15 and i am very proud of that. Davis V Taylor was my introduction to snooker i was 14 and dad let me stay up to watch. I have dipped in and out for various reasons but really got back into it after Ebdon v Hendry 02. Got a soft spot for Dotty. Ronnie does my head in sometimes but snooker will miss him. Anyway enough rambling and hope you are all ok during this lockdown

Welcome Des - Dott is popular on here :D

Postby Ck147

Des Kehoe wrote:Hi there

Hello Des, is the fish market still going strong? Remember going there on a school trip about the time of the Davis v Taylor final. You couldn't go wrong by supporting Robbo now :)

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ignore CK Des.

Jimmy is the new Robertson :happy:

Lol...how many?

Postby vodkadiet1

Hi. My name is Romeo and I originate from Wagga Wagga in The Aussie Outback. I was introduced to snooker when my parents brought me to Britain as a 57 year old. I have only ever played about 30-40 frames in my life and my highest break is 3 (I fluked the green whilst chasing about 20 snookers against a decent player in a snooker club in Marylebone). I had played the shot perfectly, trapping my opponent behind the pink, only for the green to enter one of the black pockets. I eventually lost the frame by 106-4.