Post a reply

Re: Everyone say HELLO....and where you from!

Postby Smart

I post on 2 forums (this and another serious one) but how the hell do you get the time to post on 4....... staggering, but well played. I may take a look at DF seeing as it has been mentioned by you good guys. <ok>

I am a fan of MvG, Mace the Ace, Barney....... just love darts full stop and play most days. <ok>

Postby Sharky

StalinESQ wrote:I post on 2 forums (this and another serious one) but how the hell do you get the time to post on 4....... staggering, but well played. I may take a look at DF seeing as it has been mentioned by you good guys. <ok>

I am a fan of MvG, Mace the Ace, Barney....... just love darts full stop and play most days. <ok>

That's the beauty of being able to access the internet on your phone.

Mace has given us a few mentions on his twitter page so we know it's him. We ran a Phil Taylor Name Drop Bingo competition during the Worlds...i.e. how many times he mentions a celeb when getting interviewed (the person who picked Ronnie won, Ricky Hatton a close 2nd). Kind of sums the site up really, the alternative side to darts (as well as the serious talk). Anyway when Sir Steve Redgrave got a mention he tweeted "Wonder if anyone at doublefinish.com had that". Picked up a few regular posters off that. Hope he gives us a mention during the ITV coverage of the Players Championship next week.

Postby Roland

There's darts on ITV next week?

Nice one. Who's in it? Is it more PDC and BDO like the GSOD? Has Adams said anything about taking on Taylor yet?

Postby Sharky

Sonny wrote:There's darts on ITV next week?

Nice one. Who's in it? Is it more PDC and BDO like the GSOD? Has Adams said anything about taking on Taylor yet?

It won't happen.

Adams more or less refuses to recognise the PDC so it'd never happen. If Chissel had won it (how funny were his interviews) then maybe.

PDC only Players Championship on ITV4, starts next weekend. Mason is commentating on it. Fingers crossed.

Also if any of you are interested we're organising a darts open (most of us will go out first round-Then get snake hissed up) in April in Wolverhampton. BUT it's being held at a Rileys. We plan to have a pool tournament as well. Things are close to being finalised (ringing the promoter tomorrow). I'll let you know the details when they are finalised.

Big year for us. We have a lot planned.

Postby Sharky

StalinESQ wrote:Being honest the reason I like Mace.

He is Bristolian.

He gave it to Taylor (verbally) and I loved it.

He loves darts so much - you can tell from his commentary and punditry.
<ok>

Is there a Mace interview - if so can you post it up in our other sports section...?

Of course there is.

2 minutes.

Postby Smart

Sharky wrote:

He is Bristolian.

<ok>

Is there a Mace interview - if so can you post it up in our other sports section...?

Of course there is.

2 minutes.

great stuff :clap:

Postby Lucky

He is Bristolian.

<ok>

Didn't he move to Stoke? He must think this Stoke air is an aid to 'pub' sports.....with Taylor, Hamilton, Lewis, Cope and of course Johnny ' Jacks' McDonald the cribbage champion of the wwwoooooooorrrrllllldddddddd!!!!!

Postby Eirebilly

I have been on here for a while now but i thought that i would introduce myself properly. My name is Alec, i am originally from Co. Clare Ireland but i now live in Holland but due to my work (i work for Scania) i spend a lot of my time in Sweden as well.

Postby Witz78

Alrite friends and foes from 606 and Hi to anyone else here who i dont already know.

I just joined up a few days ago after threatening to for a while, and having had a quick look around im impressed with the set up. Well done to Oneball for setting this up.

Postby DrZoidberg

rocket_ron wrote:
DrZoidberg wrote:alrighty im zoidberg, from glasgow. got this site off a link on doublefinish.

looks good so far <ok>

welcome zoidberg, nice to see another darts fan on here :wave:

cheers for the welcome, will try and contribute as much as i can <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Some people on here will know me.

I'm SnookerFan, I'm 29, from Croydon. I'm that guy you may have seen in the crowd with the bright red Snooker Loopy T-Shirt. I go to a lot of live games.

I heard about this site after Seifer's went down recently. Glad to be here.

Hi mate, nice to meet you

Postby The_Abbott

Hello. I'm Abbott you can call me Abbs because I don't have any :sad:

I am 40 years old (so still a chance to win the world snooker championship) from down south.