Post a reply

Hello everybody.

Postby Raiel

I have played snooker for most of my life. But it never occurred to me before now to join a forum and chat about it. I had a look around before joining and I think I will enjoy making the odd contribution and having a chat. I recently retired from work and I have a lot of free time on my hands now.

I also like the look of the Think Pink competition. But the entries have to be in before midnight tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to get it done in time.

Looking forward to my time here.

Re: Hello everybody.

Postby Prop

Hello Raiel!

Welcome to the forum :-)

Tell us a bit more about yourself. What’s your highest break? Where are you from?

Postby Juddernaut88

Welcome to the forum Raeil <ok>
Who are your favourite snooker players?

Postby Raiel

I replied but got this. So I don't know whats going on.

This message was flagged as spam and has been denied.

Thanks for the welcome posts.

Some info about me. I am 61. I recently retired. I currently live in London, but the misses wants to move down south a bit further and into a more rural area. So the house is on the market at the moment.

My highest break is 71, which I made about 30 years ago. I also like billiards, and my highest break in that is 75, made about 10 years ago.

I don't really have any favourite players these days. I used to like Ray Reardon and John Spencer. But now I like to watch Judd and Ronnie most of all. I also used to love watching Tony drago, who I think was a better player as an amater than he was as a professional.

That's about it, really. I'm looking forward to the snooker season coming round again.

It worked this time.

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:What does Raiel mean, if you don’t mind me asking?

Didn’t we have another member on here called Raiel? Or am I imagining things? :shrug:

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:

Didn’t we have another member on here called Raiel? Or am I imagining things? :shrug:

that was Raziel. they had a big covid meltdown and disappeared.

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:

that was Raziel. they had a big covid meltdown and disappeared.

Oh yeah. You’re right.

What a bizarre coincidence!

Postby Raiel

Sarcasm is not difficult to recognise. I've had a look around and it seems that some people here think I am a banned member called Raziel trying to make a comeback.

There are some similarities. Our nicknames sound vaguely similar and Raziel states that he retired - in 2013.

To be honest, if I was Raziel, I would have done a better job of hiding my identity.

Now the differences. Raziel is a lot better player than I am. He has a top break of 145, whereas mine is 71.

Raziel is also a covid denier, and I am definitely not a covid denier. In fact a friend I had known since childhood died of covid last year.

So my time here is spoiled now, isn't it? I thought I was going to enjoy it here.

I'm going to keep my eye on the Q School and any other tournament threads. And I will also keep my eye on that pink competition I entered.

But, other than that, I don't think I will be joining in many conversations.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was honestly just wondering where the name Raiel comes from or what it means.

Postby Prop

Huh? What’s all this?

Postby RunningSide

Welcome Raiel ,newish Islander myself similar age highest break, don't take things personally, takes a while to get the flow, most posters great ,just be yourself.

Postby Iranu

RunningSide wrote:Welcome Raiel ,newish Islander myself similar age highest break, don't take things personally, takes a while to get the flow, most posters great ,just be yourself.

Wait, so you haven’t been taking my insults personally?

What’s even the point then?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Raiel wrote:
Raziel is also a covid denier, and I am definitely not a covid denier.

That's good. We had another covid denier on here (he just left after a meltdown) who got his bottom handed to him many times in the coronavirus thread. What an idiot he was.

Postby Minimum Break

Raiel wrote:I am definitely not a covid denier. In fact a friend I had known since childhood died of covid last year.

That is excellent news that you are not a Covid denier, and sorry to hear about your friend.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Postby chengdufan

Welcome to the forum Raiel!

Postby RunningSide

Iranu wrote:
RunningSide wrote:Welcome Raiel ,newish Islander myself similar age highest break, don't take things personally, takes a while to get the flow, most posters great ,just be yourself.

Wait, so you haven’t been taking my insults personally?

What’s even the point then?

Uvavu

Postby The_Abbott

Welcome to the Snooker Island where we discuss among other things, Tennis, Football and Golf.

Postby Doc

Raiel wrote:I have played snooker for most of my life. But it never occurred to me before now to join a forum and chat about it. I had a look around before joining and I think I will enjoy making the odd contribution and having a chat. I recently retired from work and I have a lot of free time on my hands now.

I also like the look of the Think Pink competition. But the entries have to be in before midnight tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to get it done in time.

Looking forward to my time here.

Is that Marcus Owen in your avatar? I'm pretty sure it is. The last time I saw him was over 40 years ago.

Do you recognise who I have in my avatar?

I am newer here than you are. In fact, I am so new that my posts are not showing up yet. But welcome to the forum.