Hi!

Post a reply

Hi!

Postby JonahWall

Hi, my name is Jonah, and I am a snooker nerd. I have been reading snooker forums (606 and Snooker Island) for about 15 years I'd estimate, and I have long been fascinated by the array of incredible characters those two forums have produced. I am a forum nerd too!

I decided to finally sign up for myself ahead of this year`s World Championship and I would like to share a small project of mine with you in the coming days. Its a monumental waste of time, but I think you will enjoy it!

Re: Hi!

Postby Andre147

Welcome to our Forum mate!

You've been around since the 606 days and you didn't become a member in all these years? Wow that's crazy, that's even longer than me. I became a member here in 2011, and was lurking the Forum for about a year.

Share the project with us, I'm sure it won't be a waste of time.

Postby JonahWall

Andre147 wrote:Welcome to our Forum mate!

You've been around since the 606 days and you didn't become a member in all these years? Wow that's crazy, that's even longer than me. I became a member here in 2011, and was lurking the Forum for about a year.

Share the project with us, I'm sure it won't be a waste of time.

Hi Andre, certainly one of the many forum legends from through the years!

I'm not sure, its hugely nerd. I had a think recently about all the great Forum users I've read over the last 15 years and I've ranked them in order of the influence they've had...... Its a top 75 at the moment...... if thats the kind of thing people would be interested in reading then thats great, but I know its not snooker related per se, so if not I am happy to leave it be!

Postby Andre147

I think it's a great ideia, it's the sort of thing Pink Ball would come up with. And no, it's certainly not a dig at you, I do enjoy most of his threads. Most......

Postby JonahWall

Well I won't take any offence to that, I think! But if its something people are interested in I can roll it out in the next few days

Postby Andre147

JonahWall wrote:Well I won't take any offence to that, I think! But if its something people are interested in I can roll it out in the next few days

Nah of course not, his Top threads are great, and yours is a very interesting idea. I guess it wouldn't be just Snooker Island though, and other Forums? Or just SI?

Postby JonahWall

Andre147 wrote:
JonahWall wrote:Well I won't take any offence to that, I think! But if its something people are interested in I can roll it out in the next few days

Nah of course not, his Top threads are great, and yours is a very interesting idea. I guess it wouldn't be just Snooker Island though, and other Forums? Or just SI?

SI and 606 are the two I've read. The former break_off site as well but that was a crossover really before SI

Postby Andre147

JonahWall wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

SI and 606 are the two I've read. The former break_off site as well but that was a crossover really before SI

Yeah that's great. In the meantime, do post if you want on the main tournament threads, it's going to be a great World Champs, hope you enjoy it. By the way, who's your favourite player or players you enjoy most watching?

Postby JonahWall

Andre147 wrote:
JonahWall wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yeah that's great. In the meantime, do post if you want on the main tournament threads, it's going to be a great World Champs, hope you enjoy it. By the way, who's your favourite player or players you enjoy most watching?

Sure thing, I would love to. My two faves are two polar opposite- Steve Davis and Alex Higgins!

Postby Andre147

Two of the most charismatic, for total different reasons.

And of the current players?

Postby JonahWall

Andre147 wrote:Two of the most charismatic, for total different reasons.

And of the current players?

Of the current players, probably Ding Junhui but I'm a bit like the BBC as I remain firmly rooted in the olden days. Hope that's okay with all of you lol.

Postby JonahWall

Thanks for your very kind welcome Andre and I think I will make a start on my rankings unveil tomorrow. I might spread it over a few days

Postby SnookerEd25

JonahWall wrote:Its a monumental waste of time, but I think you will enjoy it!

You’ve come to the right place <ok>

Welcome home :wave:

Postby rekoons

:welcome:

Postby Prop

Hi Jonah. Enjoy your stay :-)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Welcome, Jonah! :hatoff: Looking forward to that list.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote:
JonahWall wrote:Its a monumental waste of time, but I think you will enjoy it!

You’ve come to the right place <ok>

rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

I bet SnookerFan will be number one on that list.

Postby JonahWall

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I will begin the countdown soon.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:I bet SnookerFan will be number one on that list.

My money is on Ash.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I bet SnookerFan will be number one on that list.

My money is on Ash.

Yes. Most influential could be negative influence.

Postby Juddernaut88

Welcome Jonah :) was it just the BBC606 you used to read or JA606 as well? I know BBC606 finished in 2011 and then the equivalent of that is JA606 was out that time and plenty of users moved there.

Postby McManusFan

Welcome Jonah too. I lurked for quite a while before joing too, not quite as long as you thought!