Post a reply

Hello!

Postby Luke5704

Hello,

My name is Luke I am 14 years old. and I have just started playing snooker at my local club with ym dad. One day I hope to be good at the game or maybe even compete in a few tournements :win: . I was wondering if there was any tips anyone could give me to help me at the game. i ahve looked at the practice routines and stuff on here and elsewhere and will try to use them to make me a better player.

Cheers.

Re: Hello!

Postby pasunegirafe

Hi Luke! :welcome:
Sorry, I don't have any tips for you, but I'm sure the others will be able to help you.

Postby Dan-cat

Hello young Jedi

1. Get yourself a copy of the bible, Joe Davis 'how I play snooker.' I'll send you a copy if you like, I've got a spare.

2. Watch videos of Steve Davis on YouTube. Look at his stance, his bridge (a good solid bridge hand is so fundamental), his pause on the back swing.

3. Stay still on the shot. Don't move your head till the ball has gone in. Try to push your cue through in a straight line. Follow through the white ball when you strike. You might not understand what this means right now but you will.

4. Don't get annoyed when you miss. Strike the mistake from your mind and move on. When you start getting good, which you will if you persevere, you'll realise how important the mental side of the game is.

5. Get a coach, even just for a few lessons. It will save you a lot of time and stop you picking up bad habits that you will have to un-learn later.

Have fun dude, it's a beautiful game.

Dan

Postby TheSaviour

Luke,

good luck! :happy:
Just try to always keep it SMART. As the path climbs, it will be steep and gritty.

Postby Luke5704

Dan-cat wrote:Hello young Jedi

1. Get yourself a copy of the bible, Joe Davis 'how I play snooker.' I'll send you a copy if you like, I've got a spare.

2. Watch videos of Steve Davis on YouTube. Look at his stance, his bridge (a good solid bridge hand is so fundamental), his pause on the back swing.

3. Stay still on the shot. Don't move your head till the ball has gone in. Try to push your cue through in a straight line. Follow through the white ball when you strike. You might not understand what this means right now but you will.

4. Don't get annoyed when you miss. Strike the mistake from your mind and move on. When you start getting good, which you will if you persevere, you'll realise how important the mental side of the game is.

5. Get a coach, even just for a few lessons. It will save you a lot of time and stop you picking up bad habits that you will have to un-learn later.

Have fun dude, it's a beautiful game.

Dan

Hi thanks for the tips If you could send it to me I would like to read 'how I play snooker.'!

Cheers

Postby Luke5704

Dan-cat wrote:Sure dude, PM me your address I'll post it :)

Sorry mate but I don't see a PM feature on here?

Postby TheSaviour

PROUD rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Clara8633

TheSaviour wrote:PROUD rofl rofl rofl rofl

:huh: