Post a reply

How is The Championship League a Money Spinner ?

Postby Wildey

on Twitter i sugested Scraping the Championship league to clear up scheduling and the congestion just before Christmas with

UK Qualifiers
ET 6 Qualifiers
German Masters Qualifiers
UK Championship
Scottish Open
World Open Qualifiers

25 Days Snooker in 32 Days just before Christmas

and Dave Hendon Tweeted

David Hendon ‏@davehendon

@wildey_1 no. The Championship League makes considerable money. It would be madness to scrap it.

if this Event makes Money Snooker should have No Trouble at all to make Money.

All you need is a Shed and 2 Tables and see the cash Rolling in.

Re: How is The Championship League a Money Spinner ?

Postby SnookerFan

I guess it depends how much the betting sites are paying for them to show it. And I can't imagine the costs of running it are very high.

I see what you're saying though. If bull like this is making money, then snooker should be the most affluent sport of all time. Funny old world.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I guess it depends how much the betting sites are paying for them to show it. And I can't imagine the costs of running it are very high.

I see what you're saying though. If bull like this is making money, then snooker should be the most affluent sport of all time. Funny old world.

but who are the morons that bet on this ?

ive seen it and ive seen how much players dont really give a stuff about it ....winning is a bonus all it is some payed practice and people bet their cash on that...

Postby Wildey

This is one Event where Losing could earn you more Money

so how does that Format Suit Betting Firms if players Reach Group 1 Final then dont give a rubbish because they can earn more in Group 2.

Postby Witz78

that clown Hendon gets a lovely breakfast, 3 course evening meal and free spas, saunas etc when he visits Condom Park

hes a self righteous and self important wally as far as im concerned

yet all you clowns worship his every word as if hes the voice of snooker

i saw through him from day 1

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:that clown Hendon gets a lovely breakfast, 3 course evening meal and free spas, saunas etc when he visits Condom Park

hes a self righteous and self important wally as far as im concerned

yet all you clowns worship his every word as if hes the voice of snooker

i saw through him from day 1

Can't be that much of a clown, if they're throwing that stuff at him. :D

Postby Wildey

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I think Hendon is honest and wouldn't say something unless it was his genuine opinion. He does however clearly think that Hearn is god.

And the Championship League is a load of crap.

lets not be too complacent

the improvement in the snooker tour at the moment is mind blowing from 3 years ago i know expenses gone through the roof and i know there's more things to be done but in such a short space of time after years of mis management you have to take your hat off to hearn :hatoff: