Post a reply

Re: Betfair Snooker Shootout Discussion !!

Postby GJ

will witz have the nerve to shout fixer at selty later

or bottle it again

Postby GJ

Lucky wrote:
Jewell wrote:Jimmy Robertson could teach his namesake abit about what it takes to play under pressure.

White or Neil :chin:

i assume the non WC luck :gag: :gag: :gag:

Postby GJ

good luck honest matt

would be funny if witz shouted fixer doing selty v mags match

Postby GJ

we should all meet up and go to the shootout next year

would be class

Postby Smart

I went there one year with school friends and as some came up in a different car a bit later we (me and this other guy) got our B+B sorted and settled in a pub waiting for the rest to arrive. They got seriously delayed and when they walked in the pub we gave them a chant of "no surrender, no surrender, no surrender to the IRA - SCUM !!".......a favourite song at BRFC.

We got asked to shut up or leave the pub. <ok>

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:rofl

I bet its a good laugh sort of tourney to go to. Seems like good fun. Willie did no tlike the lewd songs about Bond rofl

if they start shouting fixer in mags v selty

both players will think its about them

<laugh> rofl rofl

Postby GJ

I think selty was up to his old tricks in that match some shockers

:gag: :no:

Postby Roland

Ah it's alright. I mean Jimmy Robertson knocking in a 50 odd clearance to win on the black with seconds to spare was great television. It is circus snooker though but everyone seems to be having a good time and the standard is pretty high considering the circumstances. I think last year there were too many one sided matches and there was too much running down of the clock but the 10 seconds rule has seen to that.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Ah it's alright. I mean Jimmy Robertson knocking in a 50 odd clearance to win on the black with seconds to spare was great television. It is circus snooker though but everyone seems to be having a good time and the standard is pretty high considering the circumstances. I think last year there were too many one sided matches and there was too much running down of the clock but the 10 seconds rule has seen to that.

yeah that 10 second rule has actually made some of the matches far more interesting, and indeed this year we have had a lot of close ones, some finishing on final balls and on the black, and we even had one blue ball shootout.

Yeah i agree its a tin pot event, but at the end of the day its all good fun between the players and some of the lower ranked ones at least get a chance to play in a tv match in a big venue, and thats the most important thing I think. Of course we cannot expect high standard snooker given the format, but still it has been entertaining and thats what its about... it aint gonna replace normal or tradicional snooker,its just 3 days of fun around a snooker table, nothing more to it than that, and that is the way we should look at it really, and not try to compare it to normal snooker.

Postby hendry_fan

Witz78 wrote:what a night haha

Selbys gone well back up in my estimations and the lovely Young Vikki Selby is good banter too

Well i never!,Witz becoming a Selby fan is he!.

I hope you banterd about Snooker Island with the "lovely young Vikki".;-) :D

Postby hendry_fan

I saw bits n pieces of this Tourney yesterday,after Selbys terrific *125* total clearence against Doherty,he got knocked out by Bond in the 2nd round.

Poor old "Angles" McManus,once again gets pipped to the post in round 2 at the very last few seconds.

"9.02pm THEPCHAIYA UN-NOOH BEATS ALAN MCMANUS 42-41. So close for McManus - another five seconds and he could have won. He trailed by 22 points with around 40 seconds left and potted two reds with blacks then yellow and green, but the buzzer went before he could go for the brown. Earlier, McManus missed a red when trailing 13-8 which allowed his Thai opponent to build a significant lead".

He also got beat in the last few secs in the 2011 Shootout,(also in round 2) by that Yobbo Robbo,the scoreline ending 50-49.:-( :-)

Postby Witz78

poor ole Mike Ganley

he must have a death wish leaving me in charge of finding him a bird last night
haha

some fat horrors i kept on bringing over to him

Mark joyce is a tight runt, dodging his taxi fare

Higgins was still kicking about, i refrained from confronting him though i expressed my concerns to Selby about Kiev

Selby good crack to be fair and his missus is sound, she demolished a kebab in record time though

Some dance moves out of Mark Williams, not !!! the only man to hit a nightclub with a tracksuit on

Postby GJ

Stevens sounded like he had quite a few pre match judging by his post match interview after losing to campbell

<laugh> <laugh>