Andy Hicks v Andrew Higginson
Jimmy White v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Anthony McGill v Barry Pinches
Nigel Bond v Cao Yupeng
Xiao Guodong v Ryan Day
Ding Junhui v Robbie Williams

Re: Shootout Draw

Postby SteveJJ

So other than the expected omissions of O'Sullivan, Lee, Hendry, Jogia of the top 64 there's also no Trump or Neil Robertson?

Anyone else missing?

Roll up roll up for Harold v Lawler

Postby SnookerFan

I always seem to be busy when this is on.

I remember the first time, I'd booked a weekend away, and thought; "Oh well, I'm only going to miss some shitty gimmick matches." Got back and everybody on the snooker forums were raving about it. Then next year I was busy again.

Hopefully nothing pops up for me this year, I still want to give it a go.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I always seem to be busy when this is on.

I remember the first time, I'd booked a weekend away, and thought; "Oh well, I'm only going to miss some shitty gimmick matches." Got back and everybody on the snooker forums were raving about it. Then next year I was busy again.

correction not everyone was RAVING About it.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I always seem to be busy when this is on.

correction not everyone was RAVING About it.

TBH wild, the first year it was fun. Mainly because the players didn't know how to handle this format and the alternate set of rules and there were a lot of cock-ups, twists and turns. If people took it for what it is: just entertainment, then yes it was good. Last year though, with players knowing what to expect it was a lot flatter. That's probably why they changed the rules again. But IMO it will be carnage and with some of the top guys giving it a miss and Sky looking to downsize on snooker I wouldn't be surprised if it was scrapped in a near future.

Postby Wildey

Yea although i wasent Raving About it because of some silly player that was commentating **Cough**cough** Jimmy White Talking Rubbish about incorporating Shoot Out Rules in to the Real Game.

but i did Enjoy it and i back the decision to reduce Shot Clock time even further but its fun so why not.

i saw Dott complaining in one of the papers that it would turn the shoot-out to a farce but that was always the point of it.

Postby Witz78

Yeh i dont think there were any sceptics of the Shootout in its first year, even Wild was won round by it and saw it for what it was

I think the new rules on reduced shotclock will spice it up again as last year players had got wise to how to play tactically and kill off games and run down the clock, but this will mix it up again.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Yeh i dont think there were any sceptics of the Shootout in its first year, even Wild was won round by it and saw it for what it was

I think the new rules on reduced shotclock will spice it up again as last year players had got wise to how to play tactically and kill off games and run down the clock, but this will mix it up again.

circus rubbish :wave:

Postby Simone

Will the shootout work fine this year ? I think so! There is a brad new demand for the fun like shootout. Crowds and players will be very pleased with it . Obviously same with the power snooker later during the season.

They could hand a late wild cards for Hendry and O´Sullivan for this... <ok>

Postby simplysnooker

5 seconds for a shot is ridiculous, will be watching though. Rory McLeod all the way!

Postby Wildey

Simone wrote:Will the shootout work fine this year ? I think so! There is a brad new demand for the fun like shootout. Crowds and players will be very pleased with it . Obviously same with the power snooker later during the season.

Ronnie wasent interested in this Last year so i doubt he will be this year

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Simone wrote:Will the shootout work fine this year ? I think so! There is a brad new demand for the fun like shootout. Crowds and players will be very pleased with it . Obviously same with the power snooker later during the season.

Ronnie wasent interested in this Last year so i doubt he will be this year

if the money was right I am sure he would find a babysitter :gag:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:correction not everyone was RAVING About it.

Even you were saying how much you enjoyed it. I rememeber being surprised that even you liked it.

I took you as saying anything positive as being raving. <laugh>